sure cool 6l80

so i did sure cool mod 6l80 and trans still got up to 195 after a 15 mile drive wtf  outside temp 85 74% humidity 2018 89000 miles fluid exchange at 87000 is this normal and what is the ideal temp trans should have? TYIA

Edited by plasteryou
forgot something

Did you remove/mod the transmission thermostat and or install the new GM revised transmission thermostat?

If you didn't, that is exactly why the transmission will continue to reach the same temps you are seeing.

18 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

Did you remove/mod the transmission thermostat and or install the new GM revised transmission thermostat?

If you didn't, that is exactly why the transmission will continue to reach the same temps you are seeing.

The Sure Cool is a modification for the Transmission thermostat. 

https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/stl010-superior-2014-up-sure-cool-system-for-6l80e-transmissions/

I wonder if there's a way it could have been installed backwards blocking the hoses???

I did the sure cool install and RV trans cooler install on the replacement 6L80 trans I got from these guys https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=6L80. So far trans temp hasn't reached above 163 and that was a long time towing on the highway. Street rides I'll run in the 140s... Sounds like to me it wasn't installed properly. Forgot to mention that the vehicle is a 2013 Silverado 1500 4-door 4x4 

Edited by tonywannabefast