Blind spot

Hi guys, this is my first post here so a little intro, I just bought a 2022 2500hd custom duramax. So I am having trouble seeing around the passenger side A pillar and the tow mirror. I have had tow mirrors in the past both on chevy and my previous ram but never had this problem. I don't want to switch to regular sport style mirrors because I tow a gooseneck ofte. With that said is anyone else  having this problem and if so what have you done? Also has anyone seen a Ram style mirror that flips up and down when needed and adds visibility when not needed for towing? Thanks for the help guys, Drew

1 minute ago, Lineman12 said:

Hi guys, this is my first post here so a little intro, I just bought a 2022 2500hd custom duramax. So I am having trouble seeing around the passenger side A pillar and the tow mirror. I have had tow mirrors in the past both on chevy and my previous ram but never had this problem. I don't want to switch to regular sport style mirrors because I tow a gooseneck ofte. With that said is anyone else  having this problem and if so what have you done? Also has anyone seen a Ram style mirror that flips up and down when needed and adds visibility when not needed for towing? Thanks for the help guys, Drew

I have the same concern especially when turning, especially to the left, at intersections with busy crosswalks. The front bulk of the truck in addition to the mirror blockage makes it difficult to see if small people such as children are in the crosswalk. My solution is to crane my neck and head around as best I can to allow visual clearing of the blind spots.  While this certainly isn't foolproof it is the best work-around until GM gets their asses sued after school children get flattened and GM corporate decides it prudent to add "cross-traffic" alerts similar to what is already included with the higher trim levels for the rear of the truck. 

• 2 weeks later...

My 15 25HD had similar mirrors as my 22

Best to LOOK 2 or 3 times whereas they BLOCK a lot of the view.

Many times I almost caused accidents but lucked out  ...

I like the highway use view, but in town is darn right dangerous at times

Even pedestrians are at risk as well

There's a learning curve for sure. Eventually you realize the blind spot isn't really bigger, it just moved outboard and you now also have visibility where you use to not have any. In addition, I love how much real estate there is now for viewing to the rear even when not towing.