Sierra 1500 Amber Hood Lights

I'm not a big modding guy, but I do enjoy making the truck "mine" with a few subtle changes. One that I did today, and that I'm surprised I haven't found any other examples of, is doing the triple LED Raptor look, but instead of the LED's going in the grill, I put them in the plastic panel/deflector that is attached to the front of the hood. Install was very easy. I used the 6mm Oznium Amber LED's off Amazon (you could likely use the 11mm for more lighting, but I wanted subtle) and ran the wiring through the hood, down to the passenger-side hinge, and finally an add-a-circuit connected to the IGN MISC fuse. I couldn't find a DRL fuse so if anyone knows specifically what this fuse controls, please let me know. In the end, I wanted the hood lights on at all times, not just with my parking lights, so that's what I did. As I said, I'm surprised I hadn't found anyone else that did this, but I am so pleased with the results I wanted to share in case there were others out there wondering about doing it. If you tied the LED's to your parking lights, I bet you could blend/hide the lights right into the deflector to hide them during the day using some window tint. Sorry Chevy guys, I think this is only for the GMC with the panel on the hood? Its a fun, easy mod. Do it.

Rockin

IMG_0680.thumb.jpeg.e9cded7771dd0de1d280daf4fb82905c.jpeg

IMG_0681.thumb.jpeg.313499e5450a338560782528f809ece4.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2020RSTBorla said:

Looks great!!!  I did the AVS Lightshield on my Chevy.

I really like the look of the AVS AeroCab, but I wasn’t sure how it looked from a side profile. The Lightshield is also pretty sweet but I didn’t want to spend the money, lol. 

Alright, I just cant believe how pleased I am with the results at night! Precisely the look I was going for and very glad I did not go with the 11mm lights.

IMG_0683.thumb.JPEG.0b191a06eda351293b1a6b7c7d2f1a63.JPEG

IMG_0684.thumb.JPEG.36d6b02b845e84c2bdbc4dc9254be0dc.JPEG

IMG_0685.thumb.JPEG.1dbd5c4c5bff04add070fd9faa4c5f21.JPEG

IMG_0686(2).thumb.JPEG.44792c906e9187965582585fc3fc90ca.JPEG

Edited by jdrockin
Fixed Pictures
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jdrockin said:

I really like the look of the AVS AeroCab, but I wasn’t sure how it looked from a side profile. The Lightshield is also pretty sweet but I didn’t want to spend the money, lol. 

Ya, it was a lot of work and a few hundred when all said and done.

Yours turned out great!!

Edited by 2020RSTBorla

58 minutes ago, 2020RSTBorla said:

Ya, it was a lot of work and a few hundred when all said and done.

Yours turned out great!!

I had been watching your thread and it turned out awesome. I think the aerocab gives a great look with how it's designed, I just don't like how it seemed the sides looked funny and out of place. I didn't see many good pics, but the way you integrated your Lightshield is the way to go. No worry about how it looks from the side. This is good so I don't need to buy the lightshield, but I'm afraid the aerocab will eventually win and get ordered.

• Like 1