Brand new 2022 Sierra 2500 AT4 with bad alignment

Purchased my 2022 Sierra 2500 AT4 brand new one month ago and the steering wheel has been off center to the left ever since. I noticed after two days of driving that I had to make more than reasonable inputs to keep the truck going straight. I first test drove a Silverado 2500 High Country prior to the Sierra and that also had the same issue. But at the time I did not think anything of it and just assumed it was me and not the truck and I just needed time to adjust to it. However that has proven to not be the case as the steering wheel is significantly to the left. But then again its hard to believe that two brand new trucks would have identically bad alignments from factory. Anyone else have/had this experience?

gm puts all the HD trucks alignment cams in the exact same spot. they have plastic retainers in them that only have one position that goes over the guide pin. 

your toe must be off. that is adjusted at the tie rods and will also adjust your steering wheel. this ideally needs to be done on the alignment rack. take it in

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine was off center to the left just as yours.  It did not pull to either side, only steering wheel was off center.  Dealer told me I needed 500 miles on truck before an alignment could be covered under warranty. 

Took it in after 500 miles.....tech did an awesome job!  Alignment and steering wheel are spot on. 

Also had the passenger side front fender emblem replaced, as the emblem was not adhering in center...you could push in on center..it had a gap.  Replaced under warranty.

Edited by SoCal Angler

on my 3rd 2500 HD....2020 and 2022 both had the drifting issue, but sold them quickly after purchase....my 2023 is perfect though

Hey All - In order to check the steering wheel alignment, the truck has to be on a dead level road. Most every road has crown or pitch to the right for water run-off which will require the steering wheel to be held in a slightly left position, don't mistake that for mis-alignment.  

Mike