2015 Sierra W/T to no so W/T

Decided its time to change the look alittle bit. Here is a rough Photoshop of how it will look.

spacer.png

First part came yesterday, 14/15 Denali lower piece. I also got a new bumper valance because winter ruined mine 😏

spacer.png

• Like 1

I got my fender trim painted! I am thrilled with how it came out!

Here is what I used

spacer.png

The white matches perfectly, I actually read on this forum someone posted about it.

I sanded down the texture with a da and made sure to use adhesion promoter so it doesn't peel. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Before I put them back on I toot he opportunity to Fluid Film all the holes in the boxEIy5dI4.jpg

I am so happy with how they came out!

yS4ZmnP.jpg

6Svm5im.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd share something I have been working on. I made a CAD model to 3D print that is a spin off of the Z71 door emblem on the Midnight edition 15-18. I wanted an OEM+ style. I used the GMC Sonoma ZRX as a starting point then designed the rest to look like something GM would have put out so If you look at it it almost appears stock unless you really know.

mhinhxK.jpg

pYePjJf.jpg

jqq6ti9.jpg

I am getting them made now I will post pics when they arrive!

• Like 4

Nice transformation thus far. Doing something similar. Except single cab. Would’ve liked GM to have a higher trim single cab. But oh well. 

Looking forward to the finishing up of the power slider. What’s your plan to getting it going? Any factory wiring integration? Or just custom wire it all yourself?

13 hours ago, tuckin22 said:

Nice transformation thus far. Doing something similar. Except single cab. Would’ve liked GM to have a higher trim single cab. But oh well. 

Looking forward to the finishing up of the power slider. What’s your plan to getting it going? Any factory wiring integration? Or just custom wire it all yourself?

Thank you!! I would really like a single cab myself! Here is a how to post I used from on here.

My buddy owns/operates a car audio and video shop so I am having him do the wiring because it is a bit above my skill level.

Rear window swap 2014-2018 Silverado & Sierra.pdf

I got the rest of the parts I needed to complete the front end. Hope to get it all together in the next few days!

ODK1Ys7.jpg

I also got a painted tailgate handle cover

pKPKJdk.jpg

Still loving these painted flairs!

OnVsDkT.jpg

pyTutQm.jpg

Got alot done over the weekend! Installed the Denali lower skid plate, New Fog lights, New valance (Because winter lol) and changed the GMC emblem to black.

xnnBFEX.jpg

c8RxmSI.jpg

kQWHeRN.jpg

8876vK2.jpg

I also POR-15'd the bumper brackets and painted the cross braces behind the grille.

NaDdvpg.jpg

0MOXRTE.jpg

Overall VERY happy with how it turned out! Next is to get my emblems painted and installed.

You going to add more? Make it a bit more like the Denali? Mirror caps, grille, door strips, window trim? If so then go for it. Otherwise, I think the color matched look is a bit better. Seemed like you were going the color matched route for a bit. I know I have gone back and forth redoing things before myself. Haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well some will like it, some won't. But I decided to add some chrome! 

iAf81gA.jpg

I really love how it looks now!

I used aftermarket belt molding overlays I am very happy with. They are stainless steel and fit great. Handles, door trim and mirror caps are OEM GM pieces. Below I'll post a link to the belt molding trim and part # for the door trim incase anyone needs it in the future.

Door trim

T7MkrSv.jpg

Belt molding (highly recommended) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184464293486

I also finally got my rear bumper off to paint. I purchased it out of Texas and had it shipped to Minnesota, UPS was kind enough to scratch the crap out of it. I still ran it for the winter because I didn't have time to get it painted.

eAvQ3XQ.jpg

I'll post pictures when I get it back from the body shop.

I also ordered a Mishimoto radiator. I think its just a 14/15 issue but mine has a leak where the end caps meet the core. It has been like that for a few months and I decided to get an upgraded aftermarket unit with a lifetime warranty because I plan to keep this truck for a very long time. Hopefully I can get it installed over memorial weekend.

P8uGBmS.jpg

One last thing I did recently, I added black "GMC" overlays to the steering wheel emblem to match the exterior.

u9bmLeF.jpg

X9Hhb56.jpg

• Like 2