2015 Sierra W/T to no so W/T

I might have to give that Eastwood stuff a try. No visible rust on the rockers that I can see but I'd like to keep it that way especially living in a  location with lots of snow and as a result, plenty of salt on the roads...

Edited by mikeyk101

On 11/3/2022 at 4:57 AM, Spurshot said:

Looks like a sound system is in the future?

Yes it sure is! Just doing research on what kit I want to use. Thinking this one

https://www.gm-navigation.com/shop/2014-2015-io3-to-io5-6-basework-truck-8-upgrade-gmc/

I had an idea recently. Since I have the IO3 radio currently I thought I would use the center console front USB ports as a phone charging ports. I hallowed out the stock ports and glued some USB male to female extensions ran them under the console and into the 12v plug in the console. It works slick!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also took the truck on a 600 mile road-trip over the weekend

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Put the truck to work at the Christmas Tree farm! Its funny how many people are suprised what a lowered truck can do lol its still a 4x4! Turned plenty of heads in the muddy mess there.

spacer.png

But of course it didn't stay muddy for long

spacer.png

I also ordered some exhaust pieces. I have a carven exhaust on the truck. It sounds good but its dumped under the cab. It didn't bother me at first when I put it on but the drone its getting old. So I ordered a resonator and a tip to have a exhaust shop weld on and extend the tail pipe back to the factory location.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Pretty excited about this next mod!

On 10/7/2016 at 6:56 PM, Dbeto54 said:

Here is where Im at so far on the rear sliding upgrade,

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee394/Dbeto54/C339E921-1DA3-41D2-A409-B9249DFF7245.jpg

Window installed

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee394/Dbeto54/2EC9C8DF-99BE-434C-AEC0-C7873DDEFE0E.jpg

Switch and plate installed

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee394/Dbeto54/CFDC7369-A45E-43AA-8180-DBF0A76A6648.jpg

Relays in place

Wiring might not look as clean as factory installed but once I put that cover on who is gonna know is even there. Im 95% pretty much done I just need to tap the power and ground source and I'll be all set.

Parts used

23373685 GM Rear 3pc glass $200 used plus $65 installation

23104426 Trim Plate Gray $21 new

22774498 Switch $25

ACDelco PT796 Pigtail for the switch $25

5 Pole NC/NO Relay x2 $10

So about $350 total

I scored a brand new GM rear sliding window off of FB Marketplace for $125!

spacer.png

Sorry for the poor photos it was dark after I picked it up last night

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then I ordered a switch panel off of Ebay

spacer.png

I ordered a panel with the HomeLink. I have read a few threads on it; I am not 100% positive but I believe the HomeLink is plug and play but I will be sure to update whether that is true or not. 

Now I just need to schedule to get the window installed and I also need the motor.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well with some help I was able to get my new overhead console installed. And I can 100% confirm the homelink is plug and play! Just pop the old one out 2 screws 2 clips put the new one with homelink and and you're good to go.

spacer.png

I also got the back window tinted to match the rest of the truck

spacer.png

And for the fun of it, here is the hardware they installed in my arm. Perhaps a build thread coming soon 😂

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by 04palass
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got a GM bedrug, I went back and forth from doing a spray in or a bed rug. Never had a bed rug before and have heard alot of people swear by then so figured I'd give it a try! I also got a really handy swing out storage box.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally had a weekend in the high 30°'s so I gave it a good detail. I also finally decided what route I wanted to go for taillights. While I do like the 2016+ SLT/Denali style upwards of $500 for a set plus $150 or so for the harness just isn't worth it to me. And I can't find any aftermarket ones I really like so I decided to just convert my current ones to LED bulbs. I ordered the bulbs and resistors yesterday.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The resistors I ordered are plug and play and state they only run at a temp of 200° much lower than the cheaper gold kind.

zyryzee.jpg

Edited by 04palass

I got my LED taillight bulbs and resistors in over the weekend. Very happy with both the bulbs and the quality of the resistors. Especially since it was all plug and play.

One more I took over the weekend. Can't wait for spring so I can keep it clean.

spacer.png

Edited by 04palass

20 hours ago, slj2008 said:

Look's Good - your 4 / 6 drop would you do it again ???

Thank you! And absolutely I would! Eventually I will need a crew cab and I will do the same drop and kit again. Mcgaughys with Belltech shocks. It honestly drives and rides almost stock