2015 Sierra W/T to no so W/T

Here is my 2015 GMC Sierra Work Truck 5.3 4x4. I purchased it just under a year ago. It currently has a 4/6 drop. I enjoy reading the threads on here so I figured I'd make one! Here is what I have done so far:

Here is what it looked like when I first purchased it

spacer.png

spacer.png

First thing I did was remove the vinyl flooring and install carpet

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next was a set of factory 20s, which I plasti dipped black later on.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then comes paint matching the door handles, mirror caps and added side moldings and emblems. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then I added fog lights, being a work truck it didn't have them. I used this really nice kit from Ebay that has a switch  built into the bezel where the headlight switch is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next some more interior mods. First was the LT style silver trim

spacer.png

Then one of my favorite mods, a heated steering wheel. I used a harness from harnessdr highly recommended!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then comes another one of my favorite mods, 2016+ style headlights. The harness I used for this is from Gen5DIY

spacer.png

I also added a SLT grille (Which I later changed out)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopping back inside I added a factory center console. I did have to trim the map pocket for my 4x4 shifter but it turned out very slick!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not a very good photo, but I added helper bags because I do tow quite often with this truck

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now just recently I paint matched the front end and added a paint matched rear bumper from a denali. I used the outer grille bezel from a elevation edition and used my SLT center to keep alittle chrome, I also wrapped the chrome bumper because paint+chrome never lasts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then just the other day I traded my 20s for a set of 22s this is the best picture I have at the moment.

spacer.png

More to come!

Edited by 04palass
  • Like 6

On 10/4/2022 at 11:39 AM, m3n00b said:

Nice work man. 

Thank you!!

On 10/4/2022 at 1:49 PM, Snowcamo said:

Badazz truck dude! I did not know the center console would fit in a wt. I'll be doing the same. 🍻 

I did some research on it, harnessdr make a harness to make it plug and play!

On 10/4/2022 at 9:52 PM, OffTheAir said:

What an awesome transformation, your hard work absolutely paid off! Your truck looks great!

I don't think anyone would ever be able to tell that it was ever a work truck

Thank you!!

Here are some nice shots I took over the weekend

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Got some things done over the weekend. I did a front and rear diff service. Very easy to do and well worth it. The rear didn't look too bad (may have been done by the PO) but the front was long over due.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then unfortunately winter is fast approaching, and I do drive this truck year round so I go to doing some preventive rust proofing. In MN if you drive your cars year round rust is inevitable but I can try and slow it down.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here is what I used. I typically use Fluid Film but I have read fantastic things about this stuff so I thought I'd try it. I am impressed so far by how it sticks but we will see how it handles the winter roads.

spacer.png

I also took the chrome window trim off, I felt like it didn't go well with the black wheels.

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 10/4/2022 at 11:33 AM, 04palass said:

Here is my 2015 GMC Sierra Work Truck 5.3 4x4. I purchased it just under a year ago. It currently has a 4/6 drop. I enjoy reading the threads on here so I figured I'd make one! Here is what I have done so far:

Here is what it looked like when I first purchased it

spacer.png

spacer.png

First thing I did was remove the vinyl flooring and install carpet

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next was a set of factory 20s, which I plasti dipped black later on.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then comes paint matching the door handles, mirror caps and added side moldings and emblems. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then I added fog lights, being a work truck it didn't have them. I used this really nice kit from Ebay that has a switch  built into the bezel where the headlight switch is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next some more interior mods. First was the LT style silver trim

spacer.png

Then one of my favorite mods, a heated steering wheel. I used a harness from harnessdr highly recommended!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then comes another one of my favorite mods, 2016+ style headlights. The harness I used for this is from Gen5DIY

spacer.png

I also added a SLT grille (Which I later changed out)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopping back inside I added a factory center console. I did have to trim the map pocket for my 4x4 shifter but it turned out very slick!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not a very good photo, but I added helper bags because I do tow quite often with this truck

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now just recently I paint matched the front end and added a paint matched rear bumper from a denali. I used the outer grille bezel from a elevation edition and used my SLT center to keep alittle chrome, I also wrapped the chrome bumper because paint+chrome never lasts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then just the other day I traded my 20s for a set of 22s this is the best picture I have at the moment.

spacer.png

More to come!

Looking awesome!

• Like 1

After a cold winter last year I decided it was time for some heated seats! While I was at it I put new replacement seat cover bottoms on because mine were starting to wear around the edge where you'd slide in and out. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And 1 more looking good

spacer.png

• Like 2

Finished up my winter prep. I took the plugs out of the rockers and filled them and the cab corners with this.

spacer.png

Then I coated a couple spots on the rocker with POR-15. Just minor surface rust no soft metal or anything thankfully but I want to keep it that way as long as possible. 

After I let that dry for a few days I coated it with this white Raptor bedliner. It match's extremely well and spayed very nice!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

*I cleaned off the overspray on the frame after this photo.

I also put some of the coating in the inside of the door jambs where the paint was getting thin from shoes hitting it getting in and out.

spacer.png

I also added some Texas Edition badges

spacer.png

Edited by 04palass
  • Like 4