Upfitter questions:

I see that GM sells upfitter switch kits that include the whole lower dashboard. But they also sell just the switch pod and a wiring harness.  Can a person just buy that and cut a hole in the spot where it would go?

Also, where do you tap into auxiliary power if you use aftermarket switches?  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 9:18 AM, customdriver said:

This guy has a good series of videos where he does this.

The Upfitter approach definitely gives it a cleaner OEM look but seems to involve more time and cost.  OP approach seems simple enough and not too bad looking.  Either set up will give switches!

• Like 1

I recently installed the OEM kit and found it was fairly easy, although quite a lot of steps. However, now that I'm at the point where I want to connect something to a switch, I found there is no power going to the under dash auxillary distribution box; although the backlights of the switches do illuminate. It’s quite the chore to acquire a schematic or electrical diagram, to locate the power supply to the power box; because my truck did not originally come with the 9L7 option, I assume I need to install some primary fuses?