Passing a plastic connector through firewall

Option 1)  Disconnect the wires from the plug, run the plug through the firewall, reconnect wires to plug.

Option 2)  Cut wires, run wires through firewall, splice wires back together.

Personally, I prefer option #1.  To figure out how to do I recommend looking it up on YouTube.  Those were all separate pieces at 1 time.  I see no reason why they can't be disassembled and reassembled.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2022 at 3:34 PM, Transient said:

Option 1)  Disconnect the wires from the plug, run the plug through the firewall, reconnect wires to plug.

Option 2)  Cut wires, run wires through firewall, splice wires back together.

Personally, I prefer option #1.  To figure out how to do I recommend looking it up on YouTube.  Those were all separate pieces at 1 time.  I see no reason why they can't be disassembled and reassembled.

Thanks, 

• 2 weeks later...

First mark the plug with the wire color. Then if you push the wire hard into the plug, you can slide a pick into the top of the plug and bend the little clip that holds it into the plug and slide the wire out.

When you put it back on the wires, make sure that the little tab engages with the plastic or the wire will slide back out. You might have to  bend the tab back up a bit.  Careful they can be fragile and break off.