My 2022 Custom model gasser crew cab is a fatty, confirmed by CAT Scales

Here are my weight stickers. 

21 GMC 3500hd cclb srw slt

Adjusting my scale weights to back out the bed mat and put the tailgate on, with full fuel and 200 lb driver:

4440 front, 3300 rear. 

Note:  my sticker weight ratings reflect the front camper springs optionC30E2591-4C81-4F8E-91AA-A300A1D7C346.thumb.jpeg.7383dc5696c2a658e5a62d863273820b.jpeg 

Edited by Another JR
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, richard wysong said:

10650 GVW, payload 3472 give or take so they did raise the GVW to make up for the weight of the truck itself. I will have to research to see how the DMV is dealing with the heavier trucks. Last time I was doing inspections if you attempted to inspect anything over 10k the computer screen would turn red and then cancel the inspection and it would have to go to a commercial vehicle inspection facility

It depends on the state. 

in WI the tabs go from 100/yr for the 6k-10k to a whopping 106/yr for the over 10k

Looks like a perfect "package".  Not sure which I'm more impressed with.  A Grand Design Bunk house model that light (great quality trailer), or how well balanced your whole setup is.  No wonder it tows so well. 👍

Either way.  sounds like a whole lot of vacation good times, with minimal stress on the road. :cheers:

Happy "Thousand" Trails! 🐎

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 1:44 PM, sheath said:

Looks like a perfect "package".  Not sure which I'm more impressed with.  A Grand Design Bunk house model that light (great quality trailer), or how well balanced your whole setup is.  No wonder it tows so well. 👍

Either way.  sounds like a whole lot of vacation good times, with minimal stress on the road. :cheers:

Happy "Thousand" Trails! 🐎

Thank you sir, I really appreciate it and yes we love it and look forward to making many more memories after it warms up a bit.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2022 at 10:44 PM, Another JR said:

Here are my weight stickers. 

21 GMC 3500hd cclb srw slt

Adjusting my scale weights to back out the bed mat and put the tailgate on, with full fuel and 200 lb driver:

4440 front, 3300 rear. 

Note:  my sticker weight ratings reflect the front camper springs optionC30E2591-4C81-4F8E-91AA-A300A1D7C346.thumb.jpeg.7383dc5696c2a658e5a62d863273820b.jpeg 

My 2023 is similar. I have the snow plow prep package though, instead of the camper package. It looks like they are the same springs.

20230129_154442.jpg

20230129_201118.jpg

• Like 1

Some people bought trucks with the plow package because it was on a truck that was available, not because they plan to plow. If you are one of those people and have thought about changing the front torsion springs to make the front suspension less stiff, I  made a post several months ago describing my diy project changing out the springs. It took me two hours and the springs were $600 out the door.  It was not difficult. Jacking and supporting the front of the truck was more work than changing the springs. I’m happy I made the change. It’s definitely a  noticeable difference. 

Edited by Another JR
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Another JR said:

Some people bought trucks with the plow package because it was on a truck that was available, not because they plan to plow. If you are one of those people and have thought about changing the front torsion springs to make the front suspension less stiff, I  made a post several months ago describing my diy project changing out the springs. It took me two hours and the springs were $600 out the door.  It was not difficult. Jacking and supporting the front of the truck was more work than changing the springs. I’m happy I made the change. It’s definitely a  noticeable difference. 

I ordered my truck with it on purpose. I don't plan to plow though. I wanted the bigger alternator and I plan to put a fairly heavy duty steel bumper and grille guard on along with a 15k winch or so. So I figured the stiffer springs would be helpful. The ride quality is fine to me right now even without the weight, so I'm sure I'll be happy with it after adding the extras. Thanks though!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Hagar68 said:

2020 GMC Sierra 2500 gasser DOUBLE cab.

Sticker 6987 curb.  On the way home from Tenn where I bought it, 7230 lbs on the cat scale, with 215 lbs of me and 30 gallons of fuel on board.  10,000 gvwr

It definitely sounds like the double cabs are lighter than the crew cabs of which would make total sense. Thanks for posting!

4 hours ago, Hagar68 said:

2020 GMC Sierra 2500 gasser DOUBLE cab.

Sticker 6987 curb.  On the way home from Tenn where I bought it, 7230 lbs on the cat scale, with 215 lbs of me and 30 gallons of fuel on board.  10,000 gvwr

Fyi, curb weight on the sticker includes a full fuel tank. 

• Like 1