2006 2500HD transfer case

I've got a 2006 reg cab 2500HD with the 6.0 in it with the manual shift transfer case.  My transfer case broke and I have 2 other 2500s both with the auto trac 4x4 t-cases, my question is how big of a project is it to replace my old trusty floor shift t-case with one of those push button ones? I see they sell a kit to convert those over but I'd have to guess having 2 whole trucks here I would have everything I'd need . Anybody done this before? 

First, if those 2500's have the autotrac option (the 'auto' option, not just 4hi and 4lo), they would be light duty TC's, and aren't for your 2500HD.

You want to get a NP263HD transfer case (your current one is a NP261HD).

IDK what the effort is to do that swap, but it's my understanding besides all the parts and wiring, it also needs the some computers reprogrammed to work with the electric shift option, which is non-trivial to get done.

I would recommend sticking with the manual TC, because it just adds (IMHO) a number of new points of failure, particularly the switch and the encoder motor on the TC (the electric shift motor).

That Duramax will destroy those light duty transfer cases. Rebuild or find a used replacement for your manual transfer case. My '263' rebuild was only $500 a couple years ago. It's a push button electronic version without 'auto four wheel drive'.