Invoice question

Lunar68

I worked at a Chevy dealer a long time ago and I seem to remember a salesman telling me there are two invoices. One to show the customer and the true invoice they kept separate.  I got this inv20230110065018.pdfoice from a dealer and he's telling me his cost is 67278.51. Anyone in the know think this is really his price? Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Lunar68

They will NEVER show you the real invoice from the manufacturer. Too many holdbacks and incentives on those. My experience has been that any "invoice" that is shown to a customer is doctored to reflect the dealers cost plus their overhead and whatever profit they build in. Everyone I have known in the business says the same thing. I bought all my vehicles using the GM employee discount, its a fixed price thats non negotiable. 

But hey, I am just a random person on the internet, why would you trust me ?  😉

Edited by 64BAwagon
  • Like 1

I need to look into the legacy employee discount. My Uncle worked for GM for I think 40 years but has passed away. I see there may be a way to still get the employee discount but am not sure how to go about it. Thanks. 

Well a few years back I bought a truck that the dealer had to trade to get and since I knew the owner/dealer/salesman and he let me go and get the new GMC because it was going to have to be driven back and I was not willing to let some ahole drive it.. I had all the paperwork and what you show was the ONLY invoice on the vehicle and all the paper work on the business transaction between the 2 dealers reflected the invoice prices. 

Edited by elcamino

39 minutes ago, Lunar68 said:

I need to look into the legacy employee discount. My Uncle worked for GM for I think 40 years but has passed away. I see there may be a way to still get the employee discount but am not sure how to go about it. Thanks. 

I don't believe you will be eligible. It has to be children once the family member that worked for GM passes. When my grandpa was alive I was able to get that discount, after he passed I lost it but my parents still are able to get it. 

I picked up a GM card that I couldn't use earlier with the GM family discount; that gives me 4% on all purchases. In the years since he has passed I have racked up a ton of points and will continue to until it is new truck time in a few years. Would have been nice to combine that with the GM discount (many years ago you could but they stopped that and only have a much less rewarding card now for those with the discount program), but these points will give me a larger discount in the end. 

GM Legacy | Family First | GM Vehicle Purchase Program (gmfamilyfirst.com)

Tyler

1 hour ago, Lunar68 said:

I worked at a Chevy dealer a long time ago and I seem to remember a salesman telling me there are two invoices. One to show the customer and the true invoice they kept separate.  I got this inv20230110065018.pdfoice from a dealer and he's telling me his cost is 67278.51. Anyone in the know think this is really his price? Thanks in advance. 

Looks right to me.  You can even see the "less holdback and finance credit" price on there of $63,884.16.

You can also see on the right hand side about middle it has "Suppler" and "Employee" pricings.  $66047.05 is Supplier, $63,488.97 is Employee.

All of those are before TTL.  Is the price he gave you including TTL?  Or before TTL?

If you are eligible for supplier or employee and the dealer is accepting them, then you could get supplier or employee.  

Edited by newdude
  • Thanks 1

He wants $67, 765 for his and only offering $36K for my 2019 Trail Boss w 58k miles. Black book shows $40K for trade. I know the market is slowing but I think he's too low on trade. I'll keep looking. May head to LTZ or RST with the LZO. 

7 hours ago, Lunar68 said:

He wants $67, 765 for his and only offering $36K for my 2019 Trail Boss w 58k miles. Black book shows $40K for trade. I know the market is slowing but I think he's too low on trade. I'll keep looking. May head to LTZ or RST with the LZO. 

Try carmax in your area and see what they offer for your truck. We took them my wifes old traverse when we got her new one last year. I looked at the offer online and printed the offer number. We were only at the dealer about and hour and were driving off with a check to get her new one. Easiest I've ever sold or traded a car.

• Like 1