CV Axel Damaged from Sway Bar

Hey guys, this is my first time posting here and hoping for some insight or guidance. I have a 21 1500 Denali and about a year ago installed the Rough Country 3.5 inch lift. I took the truck in for an oil change today and mentioned that there was some noise coming from the wheel well. They put it up on the lift and checked everything out and told me that the CV Boot was leaking sue to a puncture from the lower strut bolt. They recommended new front CV axels and a conversion kit for the sway bar. Ive looked around for a "conversion kit" but cant seem to find anything. Warranty was voided with the lift and they dont have a manufacturer sway bar conversion kit so they couldn't do the work. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_1191.jpeg

IMG_1189.jpeg

IMG_1190.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

IMG_1192.jpeg

Bump, now this has me thinking that my swap bar is making this clunking noise when I reverse into a spot...Im curious to see if anyone has seen this mythical sway bar conversion kit. From the research, I just did, looks like Jeeps do this...but havent heard of one for our trucks.

Well for starters, Rough Country says the 3.5" kit doesn't fit Denali which I assume is all to do with the factroy shocks.  

I think this might be why GM makes the different CV shafts for the Trail Boss/AT4?  They are longer to accommodate the added suspension travel/height/angles.  

I'd order a pair of the axles from a Trail Boss/AT4 and put those in.  

Edited by newdude

10 minutes ago, newdude said:

Well for starters, Rough Country says the 3.5" kit doesn't fit Denali which I assume is all to do with the factroy shocks.  

I think this might be why GM makes the different CV shafts for the Trail Boss/AT4?  They are longer to accommodate the added suspension travel/height/angles.  

I'd order a pair of the axles from a Trail Boss/AT4 and put those in.  

Still haven't been able to call the manufacturer so no update from them. But this is the kit that was purchased https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-29600.html?find=2021-gmc-sierra-1500-4wd-752716 and according to the web page it does fit the Denali. 

You didn't follow step 37 in the instructions(picture 30)

37. Attach the lower strut mount to the lower control arm using the supplied 10mm x 65mm, washers, and nylock nuts. Bolts will go in from the top. See Photo 30.

24 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

You didn't follow step 37 in the instructions(picture 30)

37. Attach the lower strut mount to the lower control arm using the supplied 10mm x 65mm, washers, and nylock nuts. Bolts will go in from the top. See Photo 30.

Thank you! That’s what I just learned from the  Rough country customer service agent. Still trying to figure out why the sway bar is rubbing. Any ideas there?

It shouldn't be unless you had it off the vehicle and installed it the wrong way. The links are WAY too far forward so either the bar is installed wrong or the links are installed incorrectly.

12 hours ago, GETGONE said:

It shouldn't be unless you had it off the vehicle and installed it the wrong way. The links are WAY too far forward so either the bar is installed wrong or the links are installed incorrectly.

This. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, skully_32 said:

The 3.5 inch kit that I just bought from Rough Country came with sway bar relocation brackets. 

Just looking at the Rough Country site and there are two 3.5 inch lift kits. Im guessing you have the one that is not for the Adaptive Ride Control? Looking at the instructions for the one without Adaptive Ride control it has a sway bar drop bracket included, whereas the one intended for the Denali does not come with the drop bracket. I wonder what the reasoning for it not being included with that one is.