Got this underseat storage unit today.

Oh yeah, here's the other pic.  As you can see there's still plenty of room with the seat bottoms down to install some kind of mesh or webbing on the front of it to hold liquids, or whatever else you want.  I'll find something and report back soon.  Edit:  I'm not sure why the colors look messed up on the floor liner.  It's actually all the same color and not that gray, must of been from the lights in the parking garage.  Never mind, that's from the roof LED's shining down causing that two tone color, took me a minute....lol....

20230131_192330.jpg

Edited by Jettech1

17 hours ago, shadow gray 2020 hd said:

Looks to be more available space in that than there is in the factory under seat storage that my truck came with.  Looks good.

I just received a netting so to speak, like the one you would put in the back of an SUV.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to install it on the front of it.  I will update you all if it works or a total fail....Thank you for following!!

On 2/2/2023 at 9:07 AM, shadow gray 2020 hd said:

Looks to be more available space in that than there is in the factory under seat storage that my truck came with.  Looks good.

Shadow gray, definitely way more room than the factory storage.  The factory one is pretty useless.

For comparison, here is the Du-Ha brand one I installed in my truck.  Can sort of see one of the dividers in place on passenger side in 2nd pic.  Don't mind the dirty interior; kids do that, plus it's been too cold to clean it.

storage box.jpg

storage box open.jpg

• Like 2

After getting the flu last week I finally had a chance to install the net on my RC organizer.  Took me 20 minutes because I'm so damn ****** about things being centered and looking good.  I'm not trying to make my truck look like a JC Whitney catalog threw up all over it.  I'm just trying out different things that happen to pop into my mind like more utilization of an area in this case.  I think it turned out very good.  The fasteners are top notch.  No worries about them coming loose at all.  The net could be a little shorter in height but it was all I could find.  Either way I think it's a win and will of course work on any underseat storage unit.  I threw in a few cans of whatever just to see if the net would hold them in for now.  I'll better organize it later on.  The net was 11.44 total.  Pretty cheap in my mind.  It's not going to be mod of the year but I think it will help keep liquids from spilling inside of the actual organizer along with a HD tire gauge I have coming on Wednesday.  Who knows what I'll have in there, but I will say at the end of the day it will look neat and very organized.  It's not a gift of mine, it's actually a curse..... LMAO!!!!  Tell me what you all think.    

20230213_173652.jpg

20230213_212722.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah I’m gonna go ahead and need some links to those fastners and net.  Please and thanks.  Looks awesome for some quick and easy to reach storage.  I think that will be perfect for my kids when we’re traveling to store some items in instead of it all rolling around the floor and they tromping on it every time we stop and get in and out.

2 hours ago, Sonders said:

Yeah I’m gonna go ahead and need some links to those fastners and net.  Please and thanks.  Looks awesome for some quick and easy to reach storage.  I think that will be perfect for my kids when we’re traveling to store some items in instead of it all rolling around the floor and they tromping on it every time we stop and get in and out.

Here ya go...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015KN65UK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I could have sworn I added the RC storage to my list in Amazon, but I can't find it.  

So, I searched for it on Amazon, and I am now wondering if I am boing crazy because I cannot even find the RC version of underseat storage on Amazon.  @Jettech1  I don't think you've posted an Amazon link to the storage unit -- could you please?   

If you have, then I am just blind as well as crazy....  

3 hours ago, srwoolc said:

I could have sworn I added the RC storage to my list in Amazon, but I can't find it.  

So, I searched for it on Amazon, and I am now wondering if I am boing crazy because I cannot even find the RC version of underseat storage on Amazon.  @Jettech1  I don't think you've posted an Amazon link to the storage unit -- could you please?   

If you have, then I am just blind as well as crazy....  

Rough Country Under Seat Storage... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09SJXKN1N?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Here ya go. Looks like its gone up 20 bucks. Still worth it in my opinion

Here's one thing I've noticed that will definitely help keep things upright and that is to use the small black zip ties to close off some of the area.  Right now the cans can tip over in the net.  I'm going to use some zip ties to section it off in like 12 inch sections to keep things upright and more secured.  That should take care of things tipping over because the net isn't drawn tight enough for small spray cans of tire cleaner, window cleaner, water bottles, etc etc from tipping over on its own.  I think the zip tie solution should work great.

I did the zip tie thing today and it worked out perfect.  This is a must do because now everything stands up secure and doesn't fall over.  I did 2 rows vertically so I basically have 3 separate areas to keep stuff in it that is now secure. I just threw some things in there so you can see how well it worked out.  Now I love it!!

20230216_171932.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 2/16/2023 at 7:59 PM, Jettech1 said:

I did the zip tie thing today and it worked out perfect.  This is a must do because now everything stands up secure and doesn't fall over.  I did 2 rows vertically so I basically have 3 separate areas to keep stuff in it that is now secure. I just threw some things in there so you can see how well it worked out.  Now I love it!!

20230216_171932.jpg

@Jettech1-Can you show a closer up of how you attached the zip ties? Did you drill through the storage box to make attachment holes? Also, how is it holding up almost a year later?

16 hours ago, Tater86 said:

@Jettech1-Can you show a closer up of how you attached the zip ties? Did you drill through the storage box to make attachment holes? Also, how is it holding up almost a year later?

It's holding up perfectly.  I'll get a close up pic for you tomorrow and post it here.