If y'all want a laugh this Friday night

Too funny!  I love it.  But I will say that me standing 6 feet tall and barely being able to grab the oil dipstick is kind of a challenge with these trucks.  And how do you actually hand wash a truck like that?  I take mine through a car wash, no way in hell I'm getting a ladder out to wash my truck.  When going through the car wash I have to center it up almost perfectly so the side sprayers don't hit my mirrors....you would think with me folding my mirrors in that they would stay folded in....nope, they flip out when the other scrubbers come by swirling in the opposite direction and make it kind of stressful going through it......So yeah, they are friggen huge!!  But I love my beast...Best damn truck on earth...and from the positive comments I get when I stop anywhere?  It's like driving a bentley or a lambo.  Everyone wants to ask me questions about it and loves how it looks....#rockstar.....lol...

• Like 1

My previous truck was a 1999 Chevy Silverado LT extended cab with just about every option available. Bought it new in 99 and drove it till I bought the new 20 2500HD. I wanted to go with the HD because I sometimes tow a skid steer. I also wanted an 8' box again. I ended up with a red 2500HD WT standard cab. It has the trailer brakes and 8' box. Also has the bigger mirrors, running lights and a few other options. I love it. I have gotten more thumbs up and compliments from complete strangers than I ever got with my old one. It handles great and tows the skid steer like it's not even there. I did go out and add a couple of small 'Redneck Edition' emblems on the doors. Couldn't help myself. It's red and I'm a redneck. Have had several people question me as to whether it came from the factory that way. 

Edited by rdonarski
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

Too funny!  I love it.  But I will say that me standing 6 feet tall and barely being able to grab the oil dipstick is kind of a challenge with these trucks.  And how do you actually hand wash a truck like that?  I take mine through a car wash, no way in hell I'm getting a ladder out to wash my truck.  When going through the car wash I have to center it up almost perfectly so the side sprayers don't hit my mirrors....you would think with me folding my mirrors in that they would stay folded in....nope, they flip out when the other scrubbers come by swirling in the opposite direction and make it kind of stressful going through it......So yeah, they are friggen huge!!  But I love my beast...Best damn truck on earth...and from the positive comments I get when I stop anywhere?  It's like driving a bentley or a lambo.  Everyone wants to ask me questions about it and loves how it looks....#rockstar.....lol...

I hand was it but need a 1ft step stool to get it all. And yeah checking and changing oil I use the stool too.  So funny because I’m 6’1” with very long arms. 

• Like 1

I hate what Jalopnik has become... but the article isn't wrong...  There's way too much "I'm gonna be a big rig when I grow up" in modern trucks.  I'm getting pretty frustrated HD shopping trying to find something that will fit in a normal sized garage with room to walk around it.  My half ton crew cab is the PERFECT size.  Height and length are just right.  Even the shortest double cab I can get is 10 inches longer than my half ton.

Give me a half ton crew with something like Ford's HDPP, 2300 lbs of payload or better, and the 6.6L gasser with Allison 10 speed and I'd be a very happy camper!  GM, I'm not alone...

Edited by UWSkier

11 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I hate what Jalopnik has become... but the article isn't wrong...  There's way too much "I'm gonna be a big rig when I grow up" in modern trucks.  I'm getting pretty frustrated HD shopping trying to find something that will fit in a normal sized garage with room to walk around it.  My half ton crew cab is the PERFECT size.  Height and length are just right.  Even the shortest double cab I can get is 10 inches longer than my half ton.

Give me a half ton crew with something like Ford's HDPP, 2300 lbs of payload or better, and the 6.6L gasser with Allison 10 speed and I'd be a very happy camper!  GM, I'm not alone...

I measured my garage to make sure whatever I bought would fit. I don’t like to dust off snow or scrape windows so it must go in the garage. 
my CCSB fits with about 4” in front and 2ft in back but it’s still a tight fit walking out the door from the house into the garage. 

a deep garage was a must when we bought a few years ago. 

On 3/4/2023 at 6:58 AM, KARNUT said:

There’s a demand for smaller trucks. Maverick is the name.

I've seen two and one Santa Cruz since they came out.  

Edited by swathdiver
Santa Cruz not Santa Fe