Carplay text message to speech

New 23 Silverado for me and trying to understand if this is an issue or a crappy feature.  Infotainment displays I have a text,  however when I press play,  nothing happens. I assume it would play the text over the radio.  If it doesn't,  why even show this message.  Talking to the dealership too,  but looking for additional perspectives.  Thanks.  

20230512_185653.jpg

It's supposed to play the message. 

If you want to respond it asks if you want to.

If you want to start a new message touch the circles under your name and say " text Samantha" and it will voice to text your message.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

It's supposed to play the message. 

If you want to respond it asks if you want to.

If you want to start a new message touch the circles under your name and say " text Samantha" and it will voice to text your message.

Thank you,  that is what I assumed.  Is there a button on the steering wheel I need to press for it to play? Or wouldn't pressing play on the screen work as well?

There are two things that might help that I can't figure out. 

1. I changed the default assistant to alexa when I set that up. I can hear text messages through android auto so I'm hoping to change the default assistant back to Google. Anyone know how to do that? I can't find the setting. 

2. I might have to set up a trusted device.  I have went into the mychevrolet app,  but I can't find anything about trusted device.  

20230513_074622.jpg

20230513_074902.jpg

8 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

The Rooster....

Screenshot_20230514_105133_YouTube Music.jpg

@dieselfan1 What truck do you have that it works? 23 ltz high country in your profile? 

Also what is your default assistant? I changed mine to alexa and I'm guessing that might be why it isn't working. But I can't figure out how to change it back. 

The dealership is telling that it is normal not to play the message. Trying to gather some proof so they will take a look at it. Thanks.

13 hours ago, ocbasbalburg said:

@dieselfan1 What truck do you have that it works? 23 ltz high country in your profile? 

Also what is your default assistant? I changed mine to alexa and I'm guessing that might be why it isn't working. But I can't figure out how to change it back. 

The dealership is telling that it is normal not to play the message. Trying to gather some proof so they will take a look at it. Thanks.

2023 High Country. I'm not using Alexa.

The dealer don't know much about these trucks and that's a fact.

I don't think Facebook messenger does this, only text messages. 

• Like 1

Thanks @dieselfan1.

I feel like I'm making progress slowly on this,  but the feature is still not working.  I disabled alexa so Google assistant is now the default.  This caused a notification access screen to show up where I selected Google assistant to be active.  However when looking at the Bluetooth connection,  audio is unselected.  I have tried to select it but it keeps automatically unselecting.  Maybe this is my issue?

Screenshot_20230515_101312_Settings.jpg

20230515_092003.jpg

Looks like playing text is now working.   I believe that alexa may have been the culprit.  I disabled alexa so Google assistant is now the default.  This caused a notification access screen to show up where I selected Google assistant to be active. After that it seems to be working.  I told the dealership as well and they were glad to hear.