Presently in Saudi Arabia, two door GMC Sierra

I knew it was sold in Dubai and Mexico, and it is also sold here in Saudi Arabia. Took a few pictures. I am not a fan of two door trucks, I like spacious interiors so I stick with four doors.

20230528_125759.jpg

20230528_125850.jpg

• Thanks 2

What was the sticker price on the one in Saudi Arabia?

The only bummer about the US spec is that they only come in work truck trims and only with a 2.7. Other markets get the V8 and more trims.

The one I took a picture of was SLE trim and it had leather interior along with 4L and 4H. The price was around $55k. KSA now tacks on 15% VAT (national sales tax) so it's no longer a bargain.

I don't think it's popular, that was the only one at the dealership, didn't see any out there over the past week in Riyadh or Jeddah. Am taking off for Cairo and then Dubai, maybe I'll see some, I don't know.

On 5/29/2023 at 1:52 PM, Churchill729 said:

They are sold here in the US too!

Yea but, the non US ones get the 5.3 and higher trim levels than WT.  They have access to LT/SLE and Trail Boss/AT4 on their regular cab short beds.  US only gets the WT/Pro trim and the 2.7T for the RCSB.  Have to go long box for the 5.3 but still, no trims higher than base.  

On 6/5/2023 at 7:44 AM, newdude said:

Yea but, the non US ones get the 5.3 and higher trim levels than WT.  They have access to LT/SLE and Trail Boss/AT4 on their regular cab short beds.  US only gets the WT/Pro trim and the 2.7T for the RCSB.  Have to go long box for the 5.3 but still, no trims higher than base.  

Herding the flock towards their goals. :sigh: 

Take away the choices and they buy what is left. (they think) Just read that they took the 2.0T out of the Terrian line as it only represents 7% of the market. Here's an idea. Make it 6% of production volume and you will sell them all. Worked for HD for and commanded huge overpricing. More than made it cost effective. It supported the company for decades. It's an economics lesson learned in Junior high school. Supply and demand. :idiot: Not NO supply and demand. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Herding the flock towards their goals. :sigh: 

Take away the choices and they buy what is left. (they think) Just read that they took the 2.0T out of the Terrian line as it only represents 7% of the market. Here's an idea. Make it 6% of production volume and you will sell them all. Worked for HD for and commanded huge overpricing. More than made it cost effective. It supported the company for decades. It's an economics lesson learned in Junior high school. Supply and demand. :idiot: Not NO supply and demand. 

They did the same with the Malibu. Make an appliance 4 door car and wonder why they don’t sell. While Hyundai picks their bones. Car and Driver rates them at like 24th best. I would love to buy GM. All the while our Genesis keeps on trucking looking like new going on 13 years. 

• Thanks 1

All the coolest trucks from the 80's and 90's from GM came in the standard cab and bed form. Imo it is the purest and best truck look as the extended and especially club cabs over bloat the size and feel of them.

Would love to see the zr2 or atx4 in a regular cab version, but not a chance GM goes back to giving the customer a choice. They also net 6-10k more on the price with the club cab format.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

All the coolest trucks from the 80's and 90's from GM came in the standard cab and bed form. Imo it is the purest and best truck look as the extended and especially club cabs over bloat the size and feel of them.

Would love to see the zr2 or atx4 in a regular cab version, but not a chance GM goes back to giving the customer a choice. They also net 6-10k more on the price with the club cab format.

My favorite 2 door was my father’s 70 hugger orange CST with a 402. It’s etched in my memory the day he pulled in the driveway. I was 3 years shy of seventeen so he would let me start it in the morning. Watching the tac hearing the glass packs was intoxicating. He was always smiling walking to that truck. The next was a 72 ss elcamino with that hood. That thing would open I couldn’t wait. People don’t know what they’re missing.

• Like 2