In Search of knowledge

I’m looking for help/knowledge I know very little when it comes to talkin under the hood. Been reading through lots of the posts on here and I tend to get very lost in the acronyms and code names for part (engines, trannys ect.). I have a 2016 5.3 I’m pretty sure that’s the L83. I’ve upgraded my suspension have a lift, exhaust and 35’s. My goal is to eventually add more power with a supercharger or turbocharger. I’d prefer the reliable option I’m in no rush to have it done. So I guess my first question is which if those is gonna be better for. Daily driver truck

Supercharger, hands down. They need the least amount of maintenance.

They can be run with stock exhaust as well, bolt on and go. I think even some even come with a tune for it.

If that ends up being too much money to spend you could regear your truck and get a tune done. Make it drive better and add a little power.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Supercharger, hands down. They need the least amount of maintenance.

They can be run with stock exhaust as well, bolt on and go. I think even some even come with a tune for it.

If that ends up being too much money to spend you could regear your truck and get a tune done. Make it drive better and add a little power.

It’s just that simple? I wouldn’t need to get anything else?

I suggest get a HPTuner and learn how to use it, any mod you do will require a "Re-Tune" of the eng. control unit (ECM, PCM), Now that said, some SC Kits will come with a small "Tuner" for there application, or they will require you to send your PCM to them for reprogramming.

I'd vote for Cam's 2nd option, the regear and tune.  With the lift and taller tires you want to get back to at least where you were stock and preferably a taller gear ratio. I think on the '16's the RPO codes may still have been on the inside of the glove box door, look for one starting with GU.  Armed with that information Cam can give you good advice on an appropriate gear ratio.  After that if you still want more giddy up and go, by all means drop the big bucks on a huffer.

1 hour ago, rlcole321 said:

I suggest get a HPTuner and learn how to use it, any mod you do will require a "Re-Tune" of the eng. control unit (ECM, PCM), Now that said, some SC Kits will come with a small "Tuner" for there application, or they will require you to send your PCM to them for reprogramming.

I forgot to mention I have a tuner by superchips plugged into my OBD haven’t done much other than use the default tunes they have

1 hour ago, garagerog said:

I'd vote for Cam's 2nd option, the regear and tune.  With the lift and taller tires you want to get back to at least where you were stock and preferably a taller gear ratio. I think on the '16's the RPO codes may still have been on the inside of the glove box door, look for one starting with GU.  Armed with that information Cam can give you good advice on an appropriate gear ratio.  After that if you still want more giddy up and go, by all means drop the big bucks on a huffer.

That’s a good idea probably should try that out first. What’s the RPO? Still learning these acronyms