A sad, but good day. Lets see your black 23's!!

The time came up way sooner than I had hoped.  In 2020, I leased my 7th Silverado 1500 and yesterday was the day I had to turn it in.  Normally I get out of leases early by about a year or so.  But not this time, coupled with lack of selection and my LOVE for this Silverado I hung on to it for as long as I could.  I thought about buying it out and I'm already regretting not doing that.  I loved everything about this truck, I put a lot of time and money into modding it just the way I wanted it.  That Satin Steel Metallic.......pure SEX!!!  And not an option anymore.  :(

Anyway, There were several reasons I turned it in.  It was going to cost quite a bit more to buy it per month than my lease payment and when I drove the new Silverado I fell in love with the new interior's bigger screen and digital features.  It was like driving my 2020, but better.  I love driving it as much as my 20.

I set out to find one similar.....and failed miserably.  So yes, this is a sad day.  Selection SUCKS right now.  There just isn't much on the lots here in Michigan.  As I was looking this one was just placed on the lot with another couple.   So, yes I'm happy with the new looks and creature comforts.

Having said that, I need to start giving this a new look.  I want to wrap the chrome bumpers, grille and mirrors and I'm trying to choose what I want to do with badging and the tailgate letters.  I'm thinking red or blue, or maybe matte black???    I'm putting the gloss black wheel covers on this one, like my old one.  Those lasted really well and looked amazing for just covers!!     Lets see those 23 Black Silverado mods you've done!!!   I'm looking to see what looks good on these trucks, besides chrome!!!

20230603_135527.jpg

20211119_130653.jpg

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

Chrome rules....

What are you going to wrap all the Chrome with black? Looks cheap.

20230504_185643.jpg

Screenshot_20230504_212322_Photos.jpg

20230504_185743.jpg

I don't like Chrome on my truck.   I'm having the bumpers, grille, and mirrors wrapped in Black Vinyl.   

2x dieselfan1 on chrome is the way to go. All blacked out looks like a municipal or a work fleet truck IMO. 

I'm old school, blacked out is for those who can't afford chrome. Just like satin paint jobs, that was called a primer job not too long ago as one was waiting to get the cash together for a color topcoat or to finish the body work.

But folks pay a premium for rattle can black or the Carolina squat. Go figure...

I bought Texas Edition trucks. Color matched little chrome. My avalanche just has aluminum wheels. It’s amazing the thumbs up I get with it. Especially after I treat all the black.

My 23 High Country came with the black wheels. They delivered it with transport wheels. I sold the black wheels before they went on the truck and had the dealer put my chrome Fuels on it right out of the gate .

There was zero chance I was going to run black wheels on a 78k truck. Ish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Traded my 2013 F150 King Ranch in for a 2023 1500 LTZ this month. My previous truck was a 2003 Avalanche Z66. Always black, but excited to be back on Team Chevy.

And jumping into the chrome/murder debate, I did immediately swap out the gold bowtie for a black one... but I'll probably leave the chrome!

Chevy1.jpg

Nice truck.  It’s your truck so do what you want.  I think if you don’t wrap the bumpers and mirror caps and maybe get a black grill, your always gonna wonder…

fyi I have some black Silverado emblems you can have.  

Edited by SILVER SLED