Weird infotainment screen glitch

Hi all,

So yesterday, for no reason, every time I started the truck it would display the phone screen and “make a call” but there was no call. The call timer was going but there was no call. It was showing my number. When I hit handset it would end it and go back to Playing the radio. 

Anyone ever experienced that? 

I haven't experienced that same issue, but I've experienced some weird issues before.  Everytime my issues happened my phone was trying to do an update.  Hopefully just letting your phone update or perhaps doing a hard shut down with your phone will resolve your issues.

I haven't had that issue. But I recently had an issue where there was a weird colored block near the center of the screen when it was displaying the backup camera. It did not show up at any other time. It persisted for a few days and I thought that the camera had an issue and was going to take it to the dealer. Then it went away and hasn't been back.

I did not take it to the dealer since the issue is no longer present and I know that the dealer is not going to do a thing if they cannot reproduce the issue. If it comes back then I'll take it in right away.

I also had an issue a while back where the total engine hours reset and the fuel gauge and speedometer reverted back to metric instead of standard. But that was a one time thing so far as well.

Thanks all. Yeah these infotainment systems are just glitchy. Just random stuff. 

I disconnected my phone and of course now it can’t do it so maybe I’ll reconnect it in a couple days. I don’t really care if it’s connected anyway. 

Edited by Pryme
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Pryme said:

Thanks all. Yeah these infotainment systems are just glitchy. Just random stuff. 

I disconnected my phone and of course now it can’t do it so maybe I’ll reconnect it in a couple days. I don’t really care if it’s connected anyway. 

I connect mine everytime I get into my truck, I use the USB c outlet.  Only problems I've had come from my phone, not the truck.

34 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

I connect mine everytime I get into my truck, I use the USB c outlet.  Only problems I've had come from my phone, not the truck.

I’ve never plugged mine in. I meant just having the Bluetooth connect when you jump in so a call can come through. 

1 minute ago, Pryme said:

I’ve never plugged mine in. I meant just having the Bluetooth connect when you jump in so a call can come through. 

Try it, just plug your phone into the USB C outlet.  It will charge your phone like crazy, and all apps like waze or google maps will work perfectly.

• Thanks 1