2024 SILVERADO 3500HD DURAMAX CLOGGED DPF AND WONT CONNECT TO TRAILERS

Has gm came up with a fix for the DPF clogging and putting our trucks into reduced power mode? Same goes with it trouble connecting to trailers. For 100k you think this wouldnt be an issue. And then when i complained about to my dealer they sent me a cease and desist letter from their lawyer because I reviewed what happened with my truck and how upset i am with my brand new rig. I have always been a GM owner and i think this will be my last one.

Edited by Clark Shirley

7 minutes ago, Clark Shirley said:

Has gm came up with a fix for the DPF clogging and putting our trucks into reduced power mode? Same goes with it trouble connecting to trailers. For 100k you think this wouldnt be an issue. And then when i complained about to my dealer they sent me a cease and desist letter from their lawyer because I reviewed what happened with my truck and how upset i am with my brand new rig. I have always been a GM owner and i think this will be my last one.

So your truck is a 2024?  I was under the impression the 24's had resolved most all of the diesel issues.

1 minute ago, Clark Shirley said:

Yeah 2024 and I had it back at the dealer for a clogged DPF at 600 miles and 2 other times after that.

Damn!!!  That's not the news I like to read about.  I own the gasser but have always had diesel envy.  The prior year diesels always turned me off because of all of the issues related to them.  I was thinking the 24's were good to go.  Apparently not.  I feel bad about your issues, I hope GM resolves them soon.  Sorry buddy....we are all in this together.

57 minutes ago, Clark Shirley said:

Yeah 2024 and I had it back at the dealer for a clogged DPF at 600 miles and 2 other times after that.

Sounds like a faulty DPF rather than a clogged one.

Anywho, that's what warranty is for but sounds like you are off to a bad start if they've sent you a cease and desist.  Just trade it in somewhere where they don't know who you are seeing you've started up a reputation for yourself.  Definitely not a good way to start if you want them to fix your truck.

Edited by newdude
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, newdude said:

Anywho, that's what warranty is for but sounds like you are off to a bad start if they've sent you a cease and desist.  Just trade it in somewhere where they don't know who you are seeing you've started up a reputation for yourself.  Definitely not a good way to start if you want them to fix your truck.

Totally agree, a bad start for all involved.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fishfighter said:

There is more to this story

Yeah there is more. I bought the truck brand new last May. At 600 miles my CEL light went off and put my truck into reduced power mode. I brought it in, went home in somebody elses trade in, and they did a manuel regen to clear it out and gave it back to me. Truck worked good for awhile then it through another CEL saying something about servicing my emissions. Went back down there, they didnt have any diesel techs on a weekend so my cool car salesman plugged into it and cleared the code. couple thousand miles later my DPF clogged again and put my truck back into reduced power mode while i was towing my boat to go fishing. Brought it back to the dealer and in their tech notes it said the DPF was at 125% and they did another manual regen. I said I dont want this truck because I dont trust it anymore and their option was to pay off my truck and then i have to apply for a new one. I didnt like that so i reviewed them on many places explaining my experience with my brand new truck and what the dealer solution was and then I get a letter from their lawyer. At the end of the day the bad start is them selling me lemon. So back to the original point does anybody know if GM has a fix for these new trucks not going into regen?

18 hours ago, newdude said:

Yeah I could have handled that a little better but i dont think you'd keep your cool if you dropped 100k (60k cash down payment) on a brand new truck and your dealers solution is to keep holding on to your truck while you drive a busted up trade in. Then when they do give you your truck back their solution is drive it until it happens again. Then rather than swapping it out for a good one they tell you to apply for a loan for a new one and we will take your old one. Interests rates have gone up since then so it would be more expensive to own the same truck plus another hit on your credit score. I work hard to get what I have and dont like to be screwed over. Im sure you are the say way. So hopefully there is a fix for this thing.

Edited by Clark Shirley

There is not now, and will never be a "I thought they fixed this X year" with DEF/DPF and the fragility that is the modern emissions laden diesel of any brand. Modern diesels are a sad irony. The most powerful they've ever been. The most unreliable and untrustworthy they've ever been. Shame. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clark Shirley said:

Yeah there is more. I bought the truck brand new last May. At 600 miles my CEL light went off and put my truck into reduced power mode. I brought it in, went home in somebody elses trade in, and they did a manuel regen to clear it out and gave it back to me. Truck worked good for awhile then it through another CEL saying something about servicing my emissions. Went back down there, they didnt have any diesel techs on a weekend so my cool car salesman plugged into it and cleared the code. couple thousand miles later my DPF clogged again and put my truck back into reduced power mode while i was towing my boat to go fishing. Brought it back to the dealer and in their tech notes it said the DPF was at 125% and they did another manual regen. I said I dont want this truck because I dont trust it anymore and their option was to pay off my truck and then i have to apply for a new one. I didnt like that so i reviewed them on many places explaining my experience with my brand new truck and what the dealer solution was and then I get a letter from their lawyer. At the end of the day the bad start is them selling me lemon. So back to the original point does anybody know if GM has a fix for these new trucks not going into regen?

I had this happen several years ago on my 2011. I took it to the dealership and they did a manual regen and told me I wasn't driving it right. I guess these issues are still there. 

All of this is what lemon laws are for. Throwing a tantrum isn’t the way. The dealer sold you a defective truck they received from the manufacturer. Your options are clearly outlined in your state’s Lemon laws and is technically between you and gm, not the dealer. Attempt to get it fixed so many times and then file the paperwork and get yourself a new truck. I’ve done it 4 times in 20 years. It’s just how the game is played. Best you learn the rules and stop fighting it. You’ll stress less. 

• Like 1