Took it in and they diagnosed it to be the torque converter. Taking it in Monday to have it replaced, still under CPO 100K mile warranty. We will see how it is and let you know. 2021 with 66K on it.

So I picked her up this afternoon , all I can say is it never ran this smooth b4. So I was talking with someone,not sure if he was an employee or a customer, and he made a comment that floored me. His feelings were that they put the wrong fluid in it from the beginning when it was built. I have no idea if this is true, just thought I would share. Anyone else hear this b4 ?

Edited by W4LWQ
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W4LWQ said:

His feelings were that they put the wrong fluid in it from the beginning when it was built. I have no idea if this is true, just thought I would share. Anyone else hear this b4 ?

The original 8 speed (when it first came out) came with a different fluid than is installed in later models (2019 or 2020 may have been the last of the old fluid). The original fluid used absorbed water and that caused the shudder. The newer fluid doesn’t absorb water and helped. They have also had issues with the torque converters on the 8 speed. I don’t remember what year GM changed fluids but it’s possible it had the old fluid. I attached the TSB for the fluid change.

TSB 18-NA-355,.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 1:22 PM, W4LWQ said:

Took it in and they diagnosed it to be the torque converter. Taking it in Monday to have it replaced, still under CPO 100K mile warranty. We will see how it is and let you know. 2021 with 66K on it.

My 21 Yukon XL 3.0L Duramax has shuddered a few times with the auto stop/start when it restarts. I swear it is the torque converter. I have it going in on Wednesday so we will see what they find.