Chassis Lubrication

2023 2500HD

I've searched the manual, it does not list a mileage / time for chassis lube. So I assume at every oil change, 7500/12 mos. or whenever oil life monitor says.

Anyone know for sure?

Things like that are kinda up to the owner. Just do it when you feel it's required. With these new trucks you don't really need to do it very often unless you are just pounding miles, going offroad, abusing the truck. A pavement princess isn't going to wear out joints going from parking lot to parking lot.

16 hours ago, wsrutherford said:

2023 2500HD

I've searched the manual, it does not list a mileage / time for chassis lube. So I assume at every oil change, 7500/12 mos. or whenever oil life monitor says.

Anyone know for sure?

I’ve heard every oil change like you mentioned. Easy to remember too that way. Might only need a pump or two each. I’ll be checking mine when I do my next oil change. 

Would love to know how many zerk fittings we have down there to grease. Or better yet, photos of them all. I've noticed some clunking starting on my '22 and once it stops raining and I have an afternoon to myself, I'm headed down there with my grease gun. I had to do this on my 4runner a LOT.

BTW it took a lot of grease, I had my hand on the rubber boot, as soon as I felt it move, I gave 1 more pump, never did blow any grease out. Truck only has 2200 miles, I had on it my lift just looking around.

59 minutes ago, wsrutherford said:

4 ball joints, 2 tie rod ends, 2 idler arm, 1 pitman arm, i think is all, that's all I've found so far.

Those are them.  9 total.  

On 3/24/2024 at 2:21 AM, jeetS said:

No ujoints?

No.  Stock are sealed, usually last quite some time now too.  We rarely replace u-joints nowadays.