Unbelievably bad service and run around on shudder problem

Posted (edited)

Well I took my 2020 Trail Boss in for what I suspect is the DFM shudder/lifter  problem when just tipping into the gas at speed. 

That was two weeks ago. They said mechanic could reproduce (good news I thought).  Also I thought I did good by buying the Ally major warranty. I bought up to 100,000 miles. I'm at 77,000.

Let me warn you about the rental car coverage with Ally. They won't cover anything until there is a diagnosis. Dealer has found a few transmission codes and asked me to authorize 8 hours of work to drop the tranny and investigate a harness. They say this is not yet a diagnosis so no rental car coverage. So what the heck? They can take months to get a diagnosis and you get no car? Major fine print there. 

All this while the dealer has not worked on either of the other two warranty complaints that I have nor have they done the fluid changes that I asked for. 

I have also contacted social media at GM and they have been of no real help to date. 

Worst service experience of my life and I have had many, and it's not even close to being over yet. 

Edited by wacnstac

get used to the fact that all manufactures are building junk and that junk has all the service bays full. they do have techs that don't have a clue what they are doing. with that in mind you are in a first come first serve society. it took the dealer 3 weeks to get a rad in for my truck and when they got it took another 2 weeks before they could install it

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Service has definitely changed. I’m a creator of habit. If I get good service I’ll keep coming around. Even if it’s a little more money. I’ve been using the same GMC-Hyundai deal since 2001. The Ford dealership across the highway pissed me off. I bought 4 Hyundais and 3 GMC trucks. There should be an asterisk next to my name as a reliable customer. The first salvo was I showed up for an oil change two years ago. They informed me you now need an appointment. That’s fine how about an email to inform a good customer. I get a blank and confused look. Just prior to that they wouldn’t pass my avalanche for inspection because there was fog inside the headlight. GM owners know after a rain that sometimes happens. Even water can get inside the headlight. Mine happened to have little holes drilled into the bottom of the headlight. So that sends me to the Valvoline quick lube. They pass it no problem. While there I was impressed with their oil change operation. Where I ended up taking the Genesis for its oil change. So later the Genesis needs a brake job and transmission service. I call get an appointment for a week later. I show up the service writer says I see your here for an oil change. I said no I’m here for a brake job. I explicitly said brake job. Guess what they just have the back brakes. Usually I would have exploded and called them idiots. I stayed calm and got a discount. I did calmly explain that this kind of service is unacceptable. And what sent me from the ford dealership to here. Ultimately they didn’t care. My reliable shop owner retired so I’m searching. My local Honda dealer has been pretty good. But the little Valvoline quick lube has been awesome. After I get the front brakes done this week I wouldn’t need the dealership for a while. Can’t wait for their Email for a follow up. How was our service? I wonder if they’ll call me after?

Edited by KARNUT

Unbelievable, today is the beginning of week 3 with this GM dealership and I still haven't gotten a call about a diagnosis much less how long a fix will take   Never seen anything like this. 

3 minutes ago, wacnstac said:

Unbelievable, today is the beginning of week 3 with this GM dealership and I still haven't gotten a call about a diagnosis much less how long a fix will take   Never seen anything like this. 

We regret to hear that you are facing concerns with your vehicle and would like to investigate further for you. Please send us an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We look forward to your email. 

I have already been in contact with social media at GM. The dealer just called, they seem to have diagnosed 3 problems all of a sudden after two full weeks. They still say they need to talk to Ally about approving the repairs. Not sure these extended warrantys are worth the paper they are written on. I bought the Major package which covers everything including a week's worth of rental which I just had to extend. Ally won't pay for rental until there is a diagnosis. Read the fine print before you buy!

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately the dealer has to call Ally for approval and give Ally a diagnosis and estimated time to fix in order for a rental to be covered. GM dealers sell the Ally warranty. 

I don't believe I can work with Ally directly. 

Edited by wacnstac
  • Sad 1