Yeah, unfortunately I usually don't get around to it more than a few times a year so I wax the whole thing. And actually, I'm usually more careful to wax any of the upward facing surfaces (hood, roof, etc) than the sides since that's what takes the most direct sunlight and is more likely to have water standing on it. Guess the rocker panels would be another good place to keep a good coat of wax though.

... Takes about 3 hours each by hand. Thinking about a buffer.

Highly recommend it! It cuts the job in half just using it to take the wax off (which is what I usually do ... put it on by hand, take it off with the buffer). :seeya:

The whole truck a couple times a year, buffer does cut the time down. Use the buffer to apply it that way you work the wax into the poors and remove by hand/buffer. The roof is always a good idea to wax to help prevent oxidation/fading. Waxing the rockers wil help with cleaning and help prevent rusting. I'm very anal about my truck, being my 1st new vehicle and wasn't cheap.

The whole thing here too. ('cept for between the bed and cab. Can't figure out how to get in there even for basic washing!)

I follow the instructions that came with my polisher- apply a quarter sized amount of liquid wax (preferred over paste wax according to those same instructions) to the center of the pad, then work a 2' square area using crisscrossing patterns on the horizontal surfaces (hood, roof). For the sides it says the pattern isn't as important and to just go with the body panel. It still took a lot of manual hand waxing to avoid spreading it onto the flat black panels or into creases (like around moldings).

Waxing took me around 2.5 hours. The whole cleanup (wash, clay bar, wash, dry, wax) actually took me probably closer to 6 or 7 hours. But it was my first time doing clay bar, and my first time waxing a truck. (The Trailblazer was about as bad though- getting to the top was a bitch.)

I got to wax mine. Firm believer it should be done once a year, well i'm on my 2nd summer and still havn't got it done. LOL. well I at least wash the truck once ever couple of months. I hadn't thought about useing a buffer, thank you all. wander if my neighbors got one?

The entire truck, once every 3 months, double coat all the upper surfaces (hood and roof). Random orbital buffer is a must with a fleet. I put an x pattern on the buffer pad.

Here are the results:

5105web.jpg

51052web.jpg

51053web.jpg

Don'tcha just love black???

• 4 weeks later...

Liquid vs. paste wax. . .does it matter? They both seem to work equally well from my experience. It would make more sense though for the paste to adhere and protect better though.

Archived