3 inch body lift.

What size tires could I run with a 3 inch body lift on a 97 Sierra 1500?

I probably wouldnt try any bigger than 33-34". Depends how much rub you can live with. What do you plan on doing with it?

Mudding with my friends, nothing too deep, I just want some tires with good grip and a mean look. :banghead: Any suggestions?

I'm running 31x12.50x16 Super Swamper SSR's on my 2001 (2wd) with a 3" body lift and I love the look of it. I'm sure I'll take a lot of flack for it when I finally post pics of it on here as 31" is a size more commonly seen on Jeeps.

Anyhow, considering you are like me in that you plan only to do some mudding with your truck and no serious off roading I think 31" is a great size to think about. It keeps the overall diameter of the tire close to stock and doesn't greatly increase the unsprung weight. So, all around drivability on the road is not seriously hampered and you still make great gains in traction. Just my two cents though.

What size tires could I run with a 3 inch body lift on a 97 Sierra 1500?

I probably wouldnt try any bigger than 33-34". Depends how much rub you can live with. What do you plan on doing with it?

Mudding with my friends, nothing too deep, I just want some tires with good grip and a mean look. :cheers: Any suggestions?

They are kinda pricey but i think Goodyear MT/R's are a great tire for off-road and mud. I think they look awesome as well. Nice side wall tread and raised white letters. I have a set with at least 50 % wear left and have got over 30,000 miles on them. Never been stuck in the mud with them ......yet,lol.

Archived