Avoid 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers

Billy-Jean

I just saw this in another forum...... i will paste it up......some info:

1037ate.jpg

The following companies below are owned/operated by Bear Stearns Merchant Banking,

BStMB repays $38.5 million to settle fraud charges

who owns just some of the following companies below:

Transamerican Auto Parts,

paid BSA $75,000 for unlicensed Microsoft and Symantec software

4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers

False & Misleading Statements

Explorer Pro Comp Suspension (made in India),

Pro Competition Tire Company, (made by Cooper Tire Co.)

Two Recalls in one Year

Off-Road Adventures .

Four Wheel Drive Hardware,

Performance Products 4trucks.com

BBB Rating (F)

Genuine Gear (made in china)

Smittybilt Products

10 others

CURRENT Unsatisfactory BBB Reports of which this company has FAILED TO RESPOND, giving very bad experiences below. All companies have complaints, but failing to respond may add insult to injury, salt in the wound

Albuquerque, NM

Jacksonville, FL

Bakersfield, CA

Chula Vista, CA

Tampa, FL

Portland, OR

Memphis, TN

TOPIC SEARCHED: 4 Wheel Parts Complaint

2mdmja8.jpg

Post Your Good, Bad, and Ugly

(NHTSA) Office of Defects Investigation

SEARCH:: Department of Consumer Affairs (YOUR STATE)

(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair Consumer Affairs

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center

(Attorney General) Public Inquiry Unit

(EPA) (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)

(BBB) Better Business Bureau

Our local 4 Wheel Part store is stocked with employees with an attitude. Several times I've gone there to buy something and left without it because I couldn't get past the smart ass behind the counter trying to "sell" me on something with ProComp written on it and telling what I wanted was junk. I gave up.

That's all I know about them.

Our local 4 Wheel Part store is stocked with employees with an attitude. Several times I've gone there to buy something and left without it because I couldn't get past the smart ass behind the counter trying to "sell" me on something with ProComp written on it and telling what I wanted was junk. I gave up.

That's all I know about them.

I hear good things about them and very bad things..........and yes they did the same thing to me by pushing PRO COMP stuff i didnt want.

They also added warranties on my invoice without my permission

JUST SAW THIS IN ANOTHER FORUM, customer and 4wp employee argueing

4lhtm0.jpg

YOU ARE BEYOND FOOLISH AND ARROGANT TO COME IN HERE

YOU CAN BELIEVE WHAT STATE INVESTIGATOR FINDINGS ARE AND WHAT THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY SAID ABOUT YOUR COMPANY AS A WHOLE BELOW:

2vbng1w.jpg

6jnfi9.jpg

4WP tries so hard to be honorable.

YES BUT IF YOUR CORPORATION IS UNLAWFUL AND DECEPTIVE AS A WHOLE,

THEN BY DEFINITION YOU ARE TAINTED AS WELL. YOUR POLICES AND PROCEDURES ARE 4WP

The Buy 3 get 1 free that we ofer every now and then, yes we put the price up to list price,

YES YOU DO, RAISING THE PRICE BEFORE A SALE IS DECEPTIVE

And as far as the used/new parts, that part should have been placed in test and rebox and if ever sold should be understood to the customer that the box has been opened/installed, it should not have been sold as new and the complaint needs to be made.

NON-SENSE, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY RETURNS YOU HAVE PER DAY NATIONWIDE??

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH LESS MONEY YOUR COMPANY WOULD MAKE IF IT DIDN'T RE-SELL USED PRODUCTS AS NEW?? ITS COMPANY POLICY

YOU NEED TO BE REALISTIC HERE AS YOU CANT disassociate YOURSELF FROM THE UNLAWFUL AND DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES OF YOUR COMPANY.

YOUR COMPANY HAS DESTROYED AND IS DESTROYING BRAND NEW 4X4'S ALL ACROSS THIS COUNTRY WITH NON CERTIFIED MECHANICS WHO ARE IN THE THE TRAINING PROCESS THAT LEARN ON OUR VEHICLES TO GET THEIR LICENSE

200u1z4.jpg

LOOK AT THE AGES OF THESE PEOPLE , where is the senior mechanic??

YOUR BOSS GREG ADLER NEEDS TO COME CLEAN, AS HE WAS WAS INVOLVED IN THIS FROM DAY ONE, TRASHED A BRAND NEW VEHICLE, DESTROYED IT AND SAID

F' OFF, "We have unlimited resources to crush you."

29mlhex.jpg

e9hoit.jpg

The Pro Comp lift kit does not fit, no problem we

will just grind and spray paint

2laydeb.jpg

Lets make the engine into shrapnel

2vsltf6.jpg

Anybody want to commit Odometer Fraud on your

leased vehicle, 4WP will provide you with a zero mile odometer NP

28888lu.jpg

Thinking you just bought a brand new exhaust, NOPE 4WP installs a USED One

qnqvyo.jpg

4WP will sell anything, no matter if its garbage, re-welded

1zc0b3b.jpg

Rear Diff skid plate, NP, lets pinch the rear brake line

33jgvpz.jpg

b6udsl.jpg

WHAT 4WP IS TERRIFIED OF

Federal Trade Commission

Internet Fraud Complaint Center

Office of Defects Investigation

FLORIDA VEHICLE REPAIR ACT

• 6 months later...

I have delt with them on 3 occasions and all were horribull. On one the sent me the wrong bracket to hook my Bull Bar to my truck. I called the customer service # and after being on hold for 45 min. and being hung up one. The guy finally told me that I had to call long distance to the Arizona store where it was shipped to. :)

I talked to the manager there. After a little discussion I had him have Westin send the correct bracket to him and the he "overnighted" it to me.

That was just one of 3.

post-60531-1239078100_thumb.jpg

Yeah my dealership uses them for lift-kits and programmers to change for tire size, but we do the work ourselves. the other day we ordered a set of 6" fog lights, they sent us driving lights, TWICE. They still havent sent us the pregrammer for the jeep yet.

EDIT: I use them because of our discount rate, it's a life saver, well it was on my old truck anyway

bought my stuff from them and didnt have a problem. Used parts, these people must be idiots to not inspect it before leaving. Odometers, i believe that PCM can be checked for mileage if there was any suspicion of odometer being changed out. Did all this happen to you BillieJean??

I bought the MagHytec cover and a set of Hawk pads from them, store pickup. They were supposed to call but never did, so I called and found out the part was there. Not a big complaint, but come on, the part comes in, make the call. I went to order the ReadyLift kit and they tried to push the ProComp kit on me because it was "the same thing" well it was, but it was the same as the 1.5" kit, not the 2.25" kit. Then I went with Rough Country.

i thought i was going to have a problem when i did an order with them recently. sean the manager at the cleveland ohio store went above and beyond to make sure i got the correct part that was ordered but was shipped wrong from the vendor. would i order from them again? yes i would alot of times its not the store fault but there vendors fault. everyone have a great day

• 2 months later...

I have ordered my wheels, programmer, intake,and an exhaust out of the West Palm Beach store. The exhaust did not fit, but thats not the fault of the store. Magnaflow said they do not make a cat back system for my truck..Which to me is kind of dumb. (This is first hand from magnaflow,cas i called them myself) The manager jeff was nothing but a stand up guy and i got a return label and my money back. I would not hesitate to buy from or refer anyone i know to that store. I am sure there are always a few bad apples in every bunch, but i think that there are some good stores still out there.

• 1 month later...

I have never been to a 4WP, nor know anything about them.

Regarding pics posted by Billy Jean.

I cannot see where the brake line is pinched on the rear diff skid plate.

How does a pic of an oil pan show how they destroyed an engine.

For the bracket re-welded on the tube, looks like a decent repair to me. What is bolted to that? A light?

I believe it is common to grind/mod lift kits. At least they took the time to paint it so it won't rust.

Any company you deal with may have issues. Think GM has never been sued, or built a lemon? The key is can / how do they fix it. As for pushy salesman in the store, that's a sign of the times. They are encouraged to push higher profit, lower cost items. Rep and manager incentive plans measure it. If you can't take the heat, order online.

Archived