2008 Silverado Power Door Lock Actuator Failed

Can someone tell me if these actuators are failing because of the amount of locking and unlocking that is going on thanks to the autolock/unlock amazing feature? Still new to these problems which never were experienced on my 2003 Silv. I can't believe you can't shut this off, what a joke.

You can shut it off...worked on my 09 too

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showpost.p...amp;postcount=9

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=autolock

Shut my 09 Auto lock crap off from the get-go...the DIC will not allow such..have to go to dealer with above info ....will see how it goes..16,000 so far so good...will report back when/if a failure (the sound you hear is me knocking on wood)....

I see the bulletin only covers up to 2008 Sierra, but you said it worked on your 09. I have a 2010, think its the same procedure? If so I will be heading to the dealer asap. I like to open my door when backing up into a parking space when my window is up. It has become a habit especially at my work. Gotta hit unlock every time now so I can open my door. Call me high maintenance, but this auto lock feature puts sand in my vag.

Mike, I guess it will work on the '10s. One note, they did mine but I do not have a choice of going back to autolock. It is on the DIC, auto on, but does not activate the autolock. To go back to autolock I would have to go back to dealer to undo the procedure. May have been how the dealer did mine???

OK with me as I cannot stand autolock. Hate the noise and a pita in the pasture or when you do things like you mention.

Yesterday, I had a new TSX loaner. I pulled out of the parking lot and the autolock went off. It was real loud and at first I did not know what it was. I thought someting hit the car or fell off of the car. A real pita.

Edited by STex

Just spoke to GM rep who said that they had never heard of any issues with the power lock actuator failing. I sent him a link to this forum. My passenger side failed, however I am no longer under warranty. He said if it were to become an issue (recall) then I would be notified. I even went as far as describing possible safety issues with the power lock not working, but alas, I am only a girl and don't really know what is going on in my big truck.....

So if you have or have had this problem, be sure to notify GM direct.

Thanks

I presented it as a safety issue - #1. If someone(car jacking suspect) were attempting to access thru the passenger door, I would be unable to use the auto lock to keep them out, and I can't reach across to that side. #2. In the event of accident or fire, there would be no way for emergency personnel to unlock the door without entering the vehicle through the drivers side door to get a passenger out if the lock was engaged.

I know I'm reaching, but it frustrates me when they don't stand behind their product. If I hadn't found this forum, I wouldn't have known there were others that had the same issue. To me, if they put a product out there with a defective part, they should cover it safety issue or not.

Matt,

Just checking to see if you were able to get those part numbers. Thanks for your help!

Left/Front Door Lock&Actuator: 25876385 ($68 @ gmpartsdirect)

Left/Rear Door Lock&Actuator: 25876393 ($80 @ gmpartsdirect)

Is this the same part numbers as the Right Side?

Can someone confirm if the Passenger side (Right side) is the same part numbers, Thanks

I'm glad that I found this thread and forum. I signed up to add my dissatisfaction that my lock on the passenger side door won't work in my 08 Silverado. The truck is only at 14,000 or so, and I plan on bringing it in this week. I'm not looking forward to repeatedly replacing this part as many in this already have!

Just spoke to GM rep who said that they had never heard of any issues with the power lock actuator failing.

Denying a known problem is the easiest way out .

Edited by pm26

• 3 weeks later...

2008 Silverado CrewCab... both driver's side front and rear lock actuators.

Front went out at around 9k miles. Rear at around 13k.

Both were replaced under warranty at the dealership.

The first was the front and replaced without incident after the "genius" at the counter asked "how do you *know* it's the actuator??". After it was repaired I then asked "Was it the actuator?"... to which he replied a quiet "I'll have to look at the paperwork, but I think so."

Then later the rear which had a "wait" on the parts, they said they'd call when they got more in.

I had to actually call back a month later and "remind" them about my problem, they suddenly got me in the same day and had the part in stock? Didn't get questioned about knowing it was the actuator this time? Odd? :lol:

This is plainly and obviously a problem with their actuators, or the supplier of said part, and they just don't want to deal with it.

Now I'm worried the passenger side actuator's are going to start failing and the truck will be out of warranty, which means I get to have them "fixed" on my own dime even though this problem is *obviously* related to parts of poor quality or maybe design. Nice.

Thanks for keeping this topic alive... even a year or two later the problem has obviously *not* been addressed.

Note: I even joined this forum *just* to express my anguish at this very issue!!

Edited by allusiveWorm

You sound a little more patient than myself I guess. But you're right, minor, annoying, probably easy to fix, not sure about costs yet. But like you said, it sucks and it shouldn't have to be this way on a "new" vehicle. Just expressing my frustration at the situation I suppose. Better here than at the guy manning the counter.

Anyway, on the brighter side, at least I found this forum! I can already see I've got months of catching up to do! :lol:

Matt,

Just checking to see if you were able to get those part numbers. Thanks for your help!

Left/Front Door Lock&Actuator: 25876385 ($68 @ gmpartsdirect)

Left/Rear Door Lock&Actuator: 25876393 ($80 @ gmpartsdirect)

Is this the same part numbers as the Right Side?

I would assume that the R/S would be different... not 100% though. Those are just the part numbers I needed for both my driver side locks; my passenger side has been working fine thus far.

Anyone know the right side part numbers? I have a 2008 sierra. the locks started failing at 42k miles and GM has been no help. They offered a small discount. It would still cost me over $1000 with their discount. If i get the parts from gmpartsonline.com it should only cost $200-300.