Stacking Leveling Kits On 2008 Silverado?!?

hey guys- i'm new to the forum. i have a 2008 crew cab z71 with a 2" leveling kit. i think it is a tuff country, but it may be rough country. anyways, it is the spacer that goes above the front coil springs. could i buy the other leveling kit that goes below the spring?? i don't see why i couldn't. and if any of you guys have any pics, i'd love to see it.

I am sure you could install it onto the truck, but your angles with the suspension would probably be too steep. The spacers change the geometry of the suspension, so you would probably end up with excessive wear. I am sure it could be done, but I would not recommend using both kits. You can get a body lift that would raise the body and give you what you are after for much cheaper than a true suspension lift.

By the way, nice looking truck, and welcome!

Bad, bad BAD idea. :smash: Your upper control arm will be resting on the droop stop (making the truck ride like a covered wagon), and like Rich mentioned, the suspension will be at such extreme angles, that parts like ball joints, CVs, and tie rod ends will all wear out extremely fast.

Bottom line: DON'T do it. There is no cheap way to lift a vehicle more than an inch or two, once you get over that, you get into the realm of drop cross members, differential drop brackets, and full suspension lift kits. And no, the leveling strut kits won't work with a leveling kit either, they'll do the exact same thing to the suspension.

If you want a little extra height, Zone off road makes a 1.5" body lift.

ok thanks you guys. i wish these trucks still had the torsion bars so i could put a set of keys in it...

No you don't... the effects are the same. And actually, torsion bars w/keys ride worse than coil springs with spacers at 2" of increased ride height... be happy you DONT have torsion bars.

ok thanks you guys. i wish these trucks still had the torsion bars so i could put a set of keys in it...

No you don't... the effects are the same. And actually, torsion bars w/keys ride worse than coil springs with spacers at 2" of increased ride height... be happy you DONT have torsion bars.

Amen... My 03 1500 HD rode like trash when I put keys on it. Go with a body lift.

I agree that stacking is not good if your thinking about another 2 ''....But if you now have a 1'' spacer (2"lift)on top you can add a 1/4'' spacer on the bottom for a total of 2.5''...which is max.

I did it to my '07 after about 1.5 years cuz it had settled some...rode the same as before.

those 285 bfg's look awesome. i wanted them but they were E range and thought that they were a bit too heavy compared to stock tires. Oh yeah, dont do that stacking thing, bad idea. Death nail for your ball joints and I,m not sure you could make it work. Plus shocks would prob explode. If you need more heighth get a 4 inch lift.

Archived