GMPP Borla 19131346 Touring muffler

http://www.borla.com/products/muffler:_275_inout_775_x_part__19131346.html

Anyone try this yet on the 2014's. It seemed like a popular 07-13 add-on. It is a GM Performance 2.75 In/out round muffler. I think it is the same muffler used on the GM system they sell at the dealership. Sounds like you can just cut out the OE and replace with this muffler.

Here is a link to the Gm-trucks posting about it. Many more positive reviews at silveradosierra.com too.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/145672-gmpp-touring-muffler/?hl=19131346&do=findComment&comment=1268731

Go for it. Shouldn't sound too much different from the 07-13's hopefully. If you don't like the sound, you could always remove the resonator after that as well for more sound.

http://www.borla.com/products/muffler:_275_inout_775_x_part__19131346.html

Anyone try this yet on the 2014's. It seemed like a popular 07-13 add-on. It is a GM Performance 2.75 In/out round muffler. I think it is the same muffler used on the GM system they sell at the dealership. Sounds like you can just cut out the OE and replace with this muffler.

Here is a link to the Gm-trucks posting about it. Many more positive reviews at silveradosierra.com too.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/145672-gmpp-touring-muffler/?hl=19131346&do=findComment&comment=1268731

The inlet and outlet on the factory system I think is offset, not straight through.

Well I already ordered it so we will see next week. I thing the 07-13 were offset as well and people said they could just open up the end and make it fit. If not, is there any problem with putting a slight bend to bring the Borla center to the OEM offset?

Well I already ordered it so we will see next week. I thing the 07-13 were offset as well and people said they could just open up the end and make it fit. If not, is there any problem with putting a slight bend to bring the Borla center to the OEM offset?

Cansled, when you get that exhaust, can you post some videos. I'm really leaning towards this one. And if it sounds like the 07-13 GMPP exhaust. Consider it done.

Why would you not want the valve? Unless you have AFM tuned out? Or unless you like V4 drone? The valve doesn't hurt anything, right? It's there to make the sound better, not worse, right? I'm not understanding why people remove the valve.

Is it there to make it sound better or quieter? People on here have reported no drone with the valve removed, better sound (louder) and more efficient.

I think I will try it first with the valve in place, then try wired open, and still not happy, remove valve and resonator.

Well....I finally got to installing the GMPP muffler today. Took it to the muffler shop and only charged me $25 including tax! All I did was a muffler swap. Kept everything from the muffler back (valve, resonator, tailpipe). I know everyone is going to ask for a video clip, but to be honest it almost sounds stock. Slight more rumble at start-up and when you get on it, it has a deeper, richer tone, but not much louder than stock. The GMPP muffler is a straight through exhaust and I thought it would be louder. Do you guys think the valve and resonator can quiet this thing down this much? I will be clamping the valve tomorrow to hear the difference, but the culprit might be the resonator. Shop said it would be $94 to remove the oem stuff and replace with a 3" tail pipe to the muffler. I am going to give it a couple thousand miles first and see what it sounds like once it gets burnt in a little.

Give the muffler some time, it will get a little louder after a few thousand miles. I had this muffler on two trucks and a tahoe and it did get loader over time. Also I think your resonator is affecting it some. On my 6.2L, I am going to leave the stock muffler and I am going to remove the resonator this summer. I just need to find a shop that keeps 3.5" pipe in stock.

Why would you not want the valve? Unless you have AFM tuned out? Or unless you like V4 drone? The valve doesn't hurt anything, right? It's there to make the sound better, not worse, right? I'm not understanding why people remove the valve.

Because even when it's open it's restrictive as hell.

Archived