Shift lock release

I had a dead battery today couldn't jump start because it's was inside the garage. Had to get a new battery installed. Just to shift the gear and move it outside .

Any idea how to move the gear shifter. Like in Lexus it had a shift lock button anyone who has driven a Toyota would understand, is there a button like that in GMC Yukon 2015.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

You should be able to turn the key to the on position (engine doesn't need to run, just turn it to that position) and you can shift the trans in whatever gear you want to. I was able to do it on my old truck a '98 Silverado and also on my current a '14.

Any idea how to move the gear shifter.

If you have keyless start, the shifter will move with the start button in the ACC mode. I've tried it before. Here is what the manual says; "To shift out of Park, the vehicle must be in ACC/ACCESSORY or ON/RUN and the brake pedal must be applied". Although, this should not work without battery power.

Yeah I got to move the gear when battery is available, press and hold the the push to start button until it goes into battery mode. Still can't figure out how to do it with out battery. In Lexus regardless if battery or not or push start or key. There was button near the gear shit lock release, it could change gear anytime you want .

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Archived