How Bout This Cummins Conversion

I can almost hear the banjo's playin from here! :confused:

hahahahah

i personally dont think the cummins is better then the d-max. i cant stand when people do this. how could anyone disgrace this GM truck and put a rickety chrysler product in it? its like when people put 350's in their drag mustangs. pisses me off. IMO

Cummins is not a Chrysler product. Cummins is its own company that provides the motors for the Dodge 2500/3500 trucks. There were rumors a few years ago that Cummins and Chrysler were not going to renew their contract and that Dodge was going to use CAT motors in their heady duty trucks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cummins is not a Chrysler product. Cummins is its own company that provides the motors for the Dodge 2500/3500 trucks. There were rumors a few years ago that Cummins and Chrysler were not going to renew their contract and that Dodge was going to use CAT motors in their heady duty trucks.

+1

looked today and it does have a solid axle swap, def think dodge did good by signin up with cummins, the torque from an inline six is insane just like a semi

settle down, its nothing special

i beg to differ, cummins is a wicked motor man. especially the 12 valve. you can get a whole wacker load of power out of those old things for reeeeaally cheap. know of a guy that works in the same shop as me, got a 12 valve in a first gen dodge 3/4 ton, with 550 RWHP and almost 1000 t/q...all he did was port and polish head, turbo, big injectors, modified injection pump, intercooler....some other get air in get air out goodies. cost him only about 5 grand. try and do that with a gasser. duramax wouldnt be that hard to get that much power, only tuning really. but this little dodge would smoke any duramax with those power ratings, and be far more reliable. duramax is a "light duty" diesel engine, cummins is classified a "medium duty"....i agree in bone stock form. pretty lame. wicked on fuel tho.

If I was going to buy a diesel truck it would be a cummins. I did alot of research on diesels before I bought my gasser. In my opinion the Cummins is the best diesel engine. I also like the styling of the new Dodge HD's. I know I will be flamed for having this opinion but I am not a fanboy of any manufacturer.

• 2 months later...

[quote i personally dont think the cummins is better then the d-max. i cant stand when people do this. how could anyone disgrace this GM truck and put a rickety chrysler product in it? its like when people put 350's in their drag mustangs. pisses me off. IMO

Srry to inform u but cummins is not a chrysler product, and as far as tractors, the n-14 was a good engine not to mention the isx and signature 600 series that puts out 600+ hp, cummins is one of the first diesel engines. detroit is chrysler junk along with mercedes both owned by same company.

I like it.

[

Srry to inform u but cummins is not a chrysler product, and as far as tractors, the n-14 was a good engine not to mention the isx and signature 600 series that puts out 600+ hp, cummins is one of the first diesel engines. detroit is chrysler junk along with mercedes both owned by same company.

As for the comment about Detroits being Chrysler junk I hope you are talking about the newest stuff. Do you know who owned DDA when the series 60 was designed and introduced for sale?

Archived