2010 Silverado Crewcab System Install!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't mind at all. go right ahead.

since I've put me new system in after the theft. I've been having a few problems. radio cuts off here and there. on star doesn't work anymore. oem blue tooth sucks! ill have to take some stuff apart and fix a couple of things when i have time.

Well, I have all the stuff for the speaker install finally here. Got raped on sending that sub box back to Subthump but it was nobody elses fault but mine.

Hoping to get on it this Sunday. Supposed to be nice out so I might as well get some wrenching done. :lol:

Thats bad ass system you got. Good move on going all in and doing it right the first time. nice clean install. I have the same Alpine type-R component speakers. They sound amazing.

thanks! i made the mistake the first time of not putting the tweeters with in 8 inches of the mids. my new setup is 10x's better ;)

Well, I have all the stuff for the speaker install finally here. Got raped on sending that sub box back to Subthump but it was nobody elses fault but mine.

Hoping to get on it this Sunday. Supposed to be nice out so I might as well get some wrenching done. :lol:

why did you send it back? i kind of wish i got the JL stealth box. they're kind of pricy but i think its well worth it.

why did you send it back? i kind of wish i got the JL stealth box. they're kind of pricy but i think its well worth it.

I stupidly, in a hurry, ordered a box for a crew cab instead of an extended cab. Pretty bummed when I went to

test fit it. :lol:

I really hoping that there is enough room on the top of it to mount my sub but it's not looking that way. I could have

sworn that I read somewhere that is possible. Otherwise, I have to rip my entire back seat out which sucks.

I stupidly, in a hurry, ordered a box for a crew cab instead of an extended cab. Pretty bummed when I went to

test fit it. :lol:

I really hoping that there is enough room on the top of it to mount my sub but it's not looking that way. I could have

sworn that I read somewhere that is possible. Otherwise, I have to rip my entire back seat out which sucks.

ohh man thats not good! waste of money! i wish i got that jl box instead of the sub thump

test fit it. :jester:

ohh man thats not good! waste of money! i wish i got that jl box instead of the sub thump

I know that there is a lot to like about the JL box but not enough to warrant it's cost, to me anyway.

All the speakers are going in tomorrow. Should be a fairly clean, easy install. Pictures to come.

I know that there is a lot to like about the JL box but not enough to warrant it's cost, to me anyway.

All the speakers are going in tomorrow. Should be a fairly clean, easy install. Pictures to come.

if you think about it. its really not that much more. the sub thump is like 240? or something like that. and jl w3v3 are like 250 each. so really you'd only be spending ~50 bucks more then what you already spent

if you think about it. its really not that much more. the sub thump is like 240? or something like that. and jl w3v3 are like 250 each. so really you'd only be spending ~50 bucks more then what you already spent

No, the Subthump box is only $115 and my current sub only cost me $100, back in '04.

Well, so much for a fairly clean/easy install. The speaker adapters don't even fit the speakers and are not even close to fitting the rear door openings (see pics). How mortified I was to spend all the time doing this only to have sub par sound and an unforgivable amount of rattles and buzzes in my doors now. I don't give up easy but if this can't be resolved soon, I'll be going back to my factory speakers asap.

post-84205-1318249813_thumb.jpg

Well, after a bunch of digging around this morning I don't seem to find any company that makes the correct adaptors for the rear ext cab doors at all. Looks like the factory speakers will be going back in for now, then. :jester:

Well, after a bunch of digging around this morning I don't seem to find any company that makes the correct adaptors for the rear ext cab doors at all. Looks like the factory speakers will be going back in for now, then. :jester:

No, you are not going to find a rear door adapter for the ext cab. At least I never could when I was doing my install a few months back. I eventually decided not to bother with the rear doors anyway and focus on the fronts since the rears are so muffled and out of the way because of the seats.

And if you want to avoid alot of rattling, I would recommend crossing over your speakers to, say, 80 - 120 hz and send the lows to your sub. Even with tons of dynamat the doors will never hold up as a real "enclosure" for decent size speakers.

Just my $0.02...

Ernie

Archived