2010 Silverado Crewcab System Install!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel your pain. My last truck got stolen and was on blocks when they found it 19 grand in damage. Make sure you stay on your insurances a$$ they try to cheap out. There just as bad as thieves. Good luck! Sorry for your troubles..

thanks guys. unfortunately my truck was broken into last night and they took quite a few things. im actually on vacation in california. way to screw that up. **** theives

30u3j4i.jpg

Damn, now when you said on vacation Im assuming you didnt take your truck with you, I know that even though I dont have a serious alarm system, the factory alarm goes off when the locks are engaged, by the remote, and you unlock the doors with the windows down and open the door, horn blares and lights go off. I guess I need to get my alarm system installed ASAP, def a great investment before any upgrades are installed

I thought up of a little "invention" I plan on custom building for my radio that if I get it complete, I might just hit you up with the design if it turns out it works, but its going to look like you have no radio at all and will have a black plastic piece that you can slide in and out of the front after taking off the detachable head unit.

I thought up of a little "invention" I plan on custom building for my radio that if I get it complete, I might just hit you up with the design if it turns out it works, but its going to look like you have no radio at all and will have a black plastic piece that you can slide in and out of the front after taking off the detachable head unit.

Here's one made to look like AC vents

Here's one made to look like AC vents

Hmmm good idea, looks cheap though, and how many criminals know about this lol, might consider if I cant build my custom application

that is a good idea. but it wont stop thieves from getting what they want. if they want it. they will get it! thank god for insurance. but its just the fact that your brand new vehicle has been violated. it makes me just not want the truck anymore. i dont know how i feel about it. but it will be back up. and BETTER THEN EVER!

anyone have any reviews on that oem gm shock sensor thing that attatches to the keyless entry? or should i get a full on alarm? i just hate alarms cause of how theyre installed most of the time. wires are cut or tapped. wires are hanging everywhere. its just not done right.

that is a good idea. but it wont stop thieves from getting what they want. if they want it. they will get it! thank god for insurance. but its just the fact that your brand new vehicle has been violated. it makes me just not want the truck anymore. i dont know how i feel about it. but it will be back up. and BETTER THEN EVER!

anyone have any reviews on that oem gm shock sensor thing that attatches to the keyless entry? or should i get a full on alarm? i just hate alarms cause of how theyre installed most of the time. wires are cut or tapped. wires are hanging everywhere. its just not done right.

oh man that's ****ing horrible!! did they steal your amps and everything??

Didn't your horn start honking? Or did they pop your hood and cut your battery cable(s)?

**** man this scares me cause I'm installing a system in my truck too.

• 2 weeks later...

looking to start my sound deadening project soon - great thread! Thanks for sharing all the info/pics. SO sorry to read about your break-in :eek: I went to MD and met Don to get my supplies; I told him after reading 9 pages, I felt a shot in the gut when I saw the final pics and the glass! I'm sure you'll fix it up right!

I'm thinking maybe I'll take Father's Day off to play with the truck project!

Wally

thanks guys!

it is fixed and partialy bac together now. new window. new tint. i still need a climate control since they broke it. door panel is scratched up. theres still a hole in my seat that needs to be fixed. and my center console is scratched.

anyone have any idea how to get all that glass out the door? ive tried everything. theres still alot at the bottom of the door

Archived