Yesterday I installed the OGM-1 and all worked fine. Now I am having some trouble with the XM radio this morning. It's only showing the XM Radio ID and the preview channel. Last evening I had all the channels programmed. Any ideas?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had this happen a couple of times, there's no info or it will only show the preview channel. It clears if I turn off the vehicle, open the door and restart the vehicle. At first I thought it had to do with starting the truck in the garage where there is a weak XM signal, but it's happened outside as well. I just figured it's one of the little quirks with the system.

I had this happen too. Like CPD1670 said, just turn the car off and back on. It happened not to long after the install last Friday, but after that it has been fine.

I know I'm asking for Way too much here, but it would be nice if the XM displayed the same info as the XM app on the iphone. You get album art and the channel guide shows not only the channel, but what's currently playing. I've used the J-link cable with the app and unlike Pandora you only get sound and the pause and play option. I'm gonna try the A/V connection once the cable arrives, if it gives me more info on the display, I may just cancel my XM and just use the phone.

Although the number of issues with XM have been relatively small, I'm sending email to Advent regarding what's going on to see if there's something going on that they can figure out.

The first thing to do if you have some weirdness going on is to hit www.xmradio.com/refresh to send a refresh signal to the tuner - this has cured most of the issues in the past.

Although the number of issues with XM have been relatively small, I'm sending email to Advent regarding what's going on to see if there's something going on that they can figure out. The first thing to do if you have some weirdness going on is to hit www.xmradio.com/refresh to send a refresh signal to the tuner - this has cured most of the issues in the past.

OK, here's the answer from Advent - may or may not help immerdaitely, but this is what I know:

Understood, I will get a GM vehicle as soon as possible and start looking at it. BUT the station memory and all other functions are part of the tuner. It would make sense that we would only see this on the GM tuner as that is the only factory tuner we interface with. The CNP2000 in my vehicle has not had this issue.

The symptom you are explaining and only having channel 0 &1 is that of a tuner that has lost its subscription. The radio CAN NOT DO THIS, it only reads data, not injects it. Is there any common denominator here? Year of vehicle perhaps?

I understand they never had this problem before, but has anyone put their factory radio back in to see what's happening? Is there any chatter on the boards about the factory radio's doing this, such as a subscription issue?

I've also seen other people on other forums complain about the factory decks having the same problem within the past three weeks.

If anyone that's having this issue can volunteer the info that Advent is asking for above, maybe we can sleuth this thing to the point we can fix it...

I never had this problem on my factory deck, so far today it has happened TWICE, when you go to the XM screen there is no data. If you restart the vehicle the data is there. I have a 2008 Avalanche with Bose.

I have noticed that if you are listening to XM when you shut the vehicle off, when you restart the vehicle and the unit reboots and the FM radio comes up, NOT XM you have a problem. If you switch to XM there is no data, yet if you reboot the radio while on the XM side with no data showing at the time of reboot it will come back to XM with all data and music instantly populated. My impression is the data is being sent from the XM tuner to the radio, the radio just isn't processing it properly.

I'm still using factory radio deck non-Bose in a 2011 LT and haven't experienced any issues with XM not displaying properly at any time no matter what freg the truck was shut down displaying. XM always comes back and list presets and info like it should.

Still waiting on the delivery of my Advent :)

I have experienced this issue as well. Never had a problem with the factory radio, but I have experienced 4 or 5 instances of the XM dropping out just as described above on the ogm1. To fix, we can only turn the truck off and open the door to reset. My truck is a 2011 Sierra.

Love this unit though...

I have noticed that if you are listening to XM when you shut the vehicle off, when you restart the vehicle and the unit reboots and the FM radio comes up, NOT XM you have a problem. If you switch to XM there is no data, yet if you reboot the radio while on the XM side with no data showing at the time of reboot it will come back to XM with all data and music instantly populated. My impression is the data is being sent from the XM tuner to the radio, the radio just isn't processing it properly.

This is the kind of thing we need - if any owners can duplicate this, please post what makes it fail and what makes it return - I guarantee the engineers will be able to make progress if they know how to reproduce it across multiple vehicles...

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. Probably happened 3-4 times. Not sure what cases it, but XM will not show any channels until I turn my truck off and open the doors. Once I turn it back on, the channels return.

i've ran into my XM being static when i start the truck up. i simply go to settings, page 2, and press the system reset button. the radio reboots and its back to normal. its done that on previous updates before once or twice after an update, but the past month or so it has been doing it a couple times per week.

Archived