This sucks - ACL injury

RyanbabZ71

Hey thats great! Bet it feels good to be up and running around, especially after the young'ns!

At least one of them doesnt move yet. You can put her down and she will be in the same spot when you get back. This wont be like this forever.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear you're doing well. I am waiting for ACL reconstruction...need my MCL to heal a bit before I can get it done though (kinda stretched it I guess). I really like this thread getting to see the progress you guys are making.

Good luck.

Max

Good stuff Ryan, I'm about to have my 5 month check up. I also did a 5K about 2 weeks ago. You'll be back in no time.

Sent from my DROIDX

Awesome I may do one this fall

I want to do the tough mudder but I think I am a ways away from that

Ryan

Good to hear you're doing well. I am waiting for ACL reconstruction...need my MCL to heal a bit before I can get it done though (kinda stretched it I guess). I really like this thread getting to see the progress you guys are making.

Good luck.

Max

Good luck! Luckily the only other damage I had was some torn cartlidge behind the knee cap

Ryan

• 8 months later...

Well tomorrow (4-30-13) is one year post op.

So far so good. I would say I am pretty much back to normal. Only lingering issues is if I bend down or squat to long (put air in tires is mainly when it happens) I will have some pain/stiffness. Also the weather changes (warm to cold, rain, etc affect it but I can say the same for my ankle (broke it when I was younger). No complaints. Have played a little competitive bball here and there. Its really a mental issue trying to play again more than anything.

Softball season starts next week. I remember last yr at this time I was pretty bummed out I couldnt play. I am going for comeback player of the year :)

• 2 months later...

Well 10 weeks into softball and 2 wks into basketball while running in for a flyball (caught it) had some knee pain. Next day could barely walk. Hurts to sit. Went to the doctor today and it appears I have anserine bursitis in my knee :( Very relieved I didnt re-tear my ACL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just thought I would throw an update for anyone else dealing with this same thing. It has been 2 years (feb 14th) since I tore my ACL. Back to playing basketball 2 nights a week. In my work league our team is 8-1 and play for 1st place tomorrow. Happy that's it's back to being as normal as I think it ever will be. Still have some soreness but it has gotten better over time

Ryan

That is great news bud! Had several sports related injuries over my athletic career and knee stuff is not only physical but mental to get over. I tore all the cartilage out of my left knee and they scoped it all out my junior year of high school. I thanked my lucky stars it wasn't an acl because I saw how horrible that injury can be... Very happy you are back feeling confident and pain free. Go get that championship man!!!

Tore my ACL playing soccer 6 years ago. Just started on my job and with their insurance, needless to say the insurance was not happy they got stuck with a $40k bill.

I went the cadaver route and had a ligament put in mine. Been great ever since, rebuilt knee is stronger than the other knee at this point. I also tore the medial meniscus and sprained all of the ligaments and tendons in the knee as well. PT sucked, I was walking 2 days after surgery and climbing stairs at work 5 days later. Those PT girls must of had it in for me, they would try to bend my knee straight out barely 7 days after surgery. I think that is why they only employed hot little young PT's at this place, so I wouldn't want to kill then...lol

Archived