This sucks - ACL injury

RyanbabZ71

Well back in the middle of February I injured my knee playing bball. Finally broke down last week and went to the doc. Had an MRI last Friday, found out today I have a torn ACL. No sports for a year :(. Surgery in a few weeks dammit!

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats surprising you went that long with a torn ACL, you must be stubborn as hell when it comes to seeing doctors haha because that would very much impact day to day life. Is it right or left? at least with left in brace you could still drive the camaro.

Right knee :(

Yea I am stubborn. My wife is a PT and she was hounding me to go. From the beginning she said it wasnt an ACL. I was totally shocked when the doc said it was my ACL. I told him and he said he can barely tell with his tests and it is hanging on by a thread most likely.

Whats funny is I can run around all day long, it doesnt bother me until I twist it or change direction then I am on the floor in pain.

Damn man good luck.

What do you do for work? Hopefully you'll have a fast recovery.

Mfg engineer. I am on the floor about 60% of my day. Doc said I will be able to go back pretty quickly but will not be able to spend alot of time on my feet. We will see.

Whats funny is I can run around all day long, it doesnt bother me until I twist it or change direction then I am on the floor in pain.

Yup, same here except that when I do twist/change direction sometimes, I can watch my knee seperate and go back into place. It's awesome fun! :nonod:

Amazing that ya'll are getting around that well with an ACL issue. I could barely run 20 ft with just a torn miniscus 8 months after the event. That was my first and only surgery (~8 yrs ago), and it's nothing compared to a typical ACL repair. Once I got past it though, I can do what I want. I typically run a few miles, a few times a week... and no knee issues.

Hey Ryan, I got a couple weeks of vacation stored up let me know and I come up and drive you around in the Camaro, I would hate for it to just sit and you look at it. :jester:

good luck.. i have been thru 5 knee surgery's over the years, and it sucks..don't believe all the propaganda and BS the doctors tell you. mine have never been the same after the first one.. arthritis set in both knees before i was 35. but all people are different, but see how you do. don't mean to be a bummer about it..just what i have experienced..

again good luck

Archived