What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Today in the shop, started out slow, older lady in her 2010 CTS came over because a friend told her I could probably help her.  Repaired her key FOB and then she started on how she couldn't believe how much they wanted for an extra key at the dealer because she had lost one. $82 + tax + programming. ''Hello" .  Anyway just so happened I had 4 Cadillac keys in my shop that I had ordered for somebody else and then reneged on our agreement, so I got stuck to foot the bill.  So went down to the local hardware store with her and had one of them cut to her Caddy and programmed it for her. Did the repair, new battery and key for $40.  Then did a cluster for a member on here, he said it wouldn't shutdown and would drain his battery in 3 days. He wanted OEM background so LEDed in warm white for him.  Then I sold an Impala cluster I had here with the promise he'd bring the old one back.  Now I have an other cluster coming over.

xM2knjd.jpg?1

x8w4VTN.jpg

Edited by Coby7
  • Like 1

That sucks. We've had a REAL easy winter so far (I'd better shut up ... ). Hasn't been cold at all yet. Had single digits back in November, but lately it's been low teens to low 60's here and there, averaging about 30°, AND with no snow. Only used the plow truck once, and haven't even started the snowblower yet so far. I can live with that!

The state seems intent on destroying our vehicles, since they've been brining (a new thing for this state) and salting, even in above-freezing temps.  Never saw the roads so WHITE before. Like they spray painted them. It's insane ...

Got our '93 940 back on the lift again, thanks to A1-Cardone's POS reman parts. Replaced all 4 calipers in March of '17. Right rear seized solid (as in I couldn't even pop the pistons out with the caliper off, engine running, STANDING on the brake pedal!!). Also, the not even 2 year old muffler is completely blown out. So sick and tired of the SHIT parts these crooks sell to us these days. INFURIATING ...

Now wtf is going on here - can't post pics. Always something ....

IMG-9791.jpg

IMG-9792.jpg

Dealer called me in the morning saying they needed their loaner back because blah blah (I quit listening). Gave me the choice of a Colorado or a Silverado. I said I wanted my truck. I ended up with a Colorado because "its better on gas." If I cared about fuel mileage I wouldn't drove a truck...

Just shy of 1100 miles driven in their enclave or whatever it was. Hand calculated average mpg was 19.4 mpg.

Drove the Colorado to work and couldn't help but notice how crap the rode quality was, I thought that was the last generation not the new ones. This one also feels pretty weak. I get to work and pull up the tire pressures, no wonder it felt funny! How the heck do you let it get 13 psi difference on the same axle. Door says 35 psi btw lol59b93e30ba4e2f7552711d19749b4c29.jpg

My truck is back at the drive line shop, this is it's second trip there.  The drive shaft alone was sent there twice as well.  This is what's been holding up my truck for the past 3 weeks or so.  At this point get the friggin shop to make a new dang drive shaft!

Edited by Chevyguy85

Last night around 10 o'clock I got a call from a trucker from Toronto that was in trouble with his cluster.  He said he was hauling stuff for Brian Adams and had to be in Halifax today.  Well it just so happen I had one for sale for a long time on Kijiji so I brought it over and installed it in his truck.  He took it out for a spin and came back happy! He did not hesitate with the asking price at all and gave me a few brown ones.  I never thought I'd ever sell this one... 
 I checked and Brian Adams isn't on tour to Halifax for a little while yet so dunno! 

QsRaDpy.jpg?1

Edited by Coby7
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Dealer called me in the morning saying they needed their loaner back because blah blah (I quit listening). Gave me the choice of a Colorado or a Silverado. I said I wanted my truck. I ended up with a Colorado because "its better on gas." If I cared about fuel mileage I wouldn't drove a truck...

Just shy of 1100 miles driven in their enclave or whatever it was. Hand calculated average mpg was 19.4 mpg.

Drove the Colorado to work and couldn't help but notice how crap the rode quality was, I thought that was the last generation not the new ones. This one also feels pretty weak. I get to work and pull up the tire pressures, no wonder it felt funny! How the heck do you let it get 13 psi difference on the same axle. Door says 35 psi btw lol

My truck is back at the drive line shop, this is it's second trip there.  The drive shaft alone was sent there twice as well.  This is what's been holding up my truck for the past 3 weeks or so.  At this point get the friggin shop to make a new dang drive shaft!

I wouldn't drive one of those if it were given to me. Makes the S10 / S15 & newer Blazer / Jimmy look like the best vehicle on the planet in comparison. Most infuriating vehicle to work on, aside from a PT Cruiser.

Typical dealership experience there, unfortunately. Hope you end up with a repaired vehicle after all this!

I wouldn't put 1 pound of air in the tires either. Run it and burn the tires up. Serves them right!

Edited by Jsdirt

I wouldn't drive one of those if it were given to me. Makes the S10 / S15 & newer Blazer / Jimmy look like the best vehicle on the planet in comparison. Most infuriating vehicle to work on, aside from a PT Cruiser.

Typical dealership experience there, unfortunately. Hope you end up with a repaired vehicle after all this!

I wouldn't put 1 pound of air in the tires either. Run it and burn the tires up. Serves them right!
I would do that, except I'd rather not have a blow out at 80mph. I think this thing is a 4 banger too, feels slow as heck. I think there might be a slow leak in the RR, lost 2 or 3 psi in less than 24 hours.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

If it goes flat, I'd drive it back to them on the rim, too. :D 

You'd think a dealership with all the tools to fix this issue, would have ... especially before lending the vehicle out to a customer!

Not sure of all the details but at the dealer heard an advisor talking to a customer. " Yeah, I'm sorry but I didn't order all the parts, since you'd is a 6.2.........well, see, on the 5.3L it's so common I would have surely ordered them, the cam, AFM, and other parts.........I was surprised because I didn't think this happens on the 6.2 enough to consider it, but here we are"

7 hours ago, Jsdirt said:

If it goes flat, I'd drive it back to them on the rim, too. :D 

You'd think a dealership with all the tools to fix this issue, would have ... especially before lending the vehicle out to a customer!

Just like renting a car I'm responsible for all damages, including flat tires.

I'd tell them, they gave you the car that way, so it's on them.

It's amazing how many inept dealerships there are these days. :sick:

• Haha 1

In the shop today, I rebuilt 2 clusters one of which I took in as partial payment, had him choose the one he wanted and kept the other one which I promptly put up for sale on Kijiji.

UGDYitW.jpg

SmileyMoneyLots_zps4e06cd9a.gif Life is good.  7ahX8ro.gif

Edited by Coby7
  • Like 1