What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Definitely cheaper ... just don't put that on YouTube whatever you do .. :D

Oh yeah, the armchair ASE mechanics will let you have it!

New wheels inbound. I made it 2 months having installed a "new" one with a known defect, I think that's a record for me. One of the wheels the dealer ordered to replace one of the wheels the service department screwed up was not boxed properly. The lip got out and was roughed up at some point. I was able to make it look nice before install with polishing compound, but a week or two later I noticed the surface of the wheel appeared damaged at the spot where I had to polish it. Holds air fine, but I just can't live with it, evidently. :shakehead::nonod::shakehead::nonod::shakehead::nonod::shakehead:

New ones are coming from GMPartsNow.com, and I have had outstanding luck with them in the past, so I am looking forward to receiving them. 

• Like 2

Not my truck but I just changed out the power steering pump on a 2003 Silverado CC 2wd 1500HD.  This is the one with the 6.0 and the pump also assist the brakes so a hydraboost.  Not to hard of a job to do.  I was lucky that the pulley came right off and i didn't have to heat it.  I'm not completely done.  I'm waiting on a return line to come in.  Then I can put that on, bleed it and it should be good to go.  The original pump and the truck has 303,400 miles on it. 

• Like 1

Crossed the 4500 mile mark with my '18 Z71 ME, yesterday on the way to Edwards AFB.  Sorry, no pictures allowed where I was.

TODAY, I replaced my reverse and cargo lights with some LED bulbs that I had purchased for my '15 (before the wreck), and found some other things to do to my '18, while cleaning up the garage a little. 

Crossed the 4500 mile mark with my '18 Z71 ME, yesterday on the way to Edwards AFB.  Sorry, no pictures allowed where I was.

TODAY, I replaced my reverse and cargo lights with some LED bulbs that I had purchased for my '15 (before the wreck), and found some other things to do to my '18, while cleaning up the garage a little. 

Bull. That thing isn’t allowed on the flightline [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

Bull. That thing isn’t allowed on the flightline emoji23.png

Have you NOT read the signs at the entrances to Edwards?  No photos on the lakebeds nor with the flightline in the background.

Have you NOT read the signs at the entrances to Edwards?  No photos on the lakebeds nor with the flightline in the background.

You think I’m that good at my job? I park on the flightline and don’t read that stuff. Plus I don’t think those are posted at the entrance off 58

• Haha 1

Just now, Chris said:

You think I’m that good at my job? I park on the flightline and don’t read that stuff. Plus I don’t think those are posted at the entrance off 58

They were, two white signs, just inside of the base sign, same posts.

I don’t read those. I’m too worried about not speeding on base. Now you want me to read too... have you met anyone in the fuel shop? Those fumes make us not so smart

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don’t read those. I’m too worried about not speeding on base. Now you want me to read too... have you met anyone in the fuel shop? Those fumes make us not so smart

I'll tell Jose Carrillo that, next time I see him, but he'll agree.

Ask the guys, they know him.

I’m surprised you guys aren’t packing our hangars. Got room for 2 of yours [emoji23]

• Haha 1