What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Repaired a 2005 Ford Sport Trac cluster.  I don't normally do Ford clusters because I'm not set-up for it.  But this guy couldn't find one anywhere in the junkyards so I gave it a shot.  Found the problem right away but could not test it on the bench. Mailed it back to him. He sent me an e-transfer so I guess it worked lol.

Last night I worked on a 2003 cluster that had been previously worked on by somebody else.  These are always tough because you have to repair the damage first before you can get to the root of the real problems and this one had them all. 

Took a couple hours but got her working again. Client wanted blue LEDs.

0yiCCEH.jpg

gjj457S.jpg

• Like 1

Set my new cab lights on the roof to get an idea if I'll like them or not. As of now I'm 98% for installing them. The other 2% is against it because of possible complications from install years down the road.

019883db1d93cc42e77ae334dad65702.jpgc83fdb86202f1929e3bb2603ed41fbf8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daryl Z71 said:

Set my new cab lights on the roof to get an idea if I'll like them or not. As of now I'm 98% for installing them. The other 2% is against it because of possible complications from install years down the road.

019883db1d93cc42e77ae334dad65702.jpgc83fdb86202f1929e3bb2603ed41fbf8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Love the color on your truck, Very nice. Lights look cool as well.

11 hours ago, Coby7 said:

Just finished a 2004 Tahoe cluster and HVAC unit 

wlnBJBw.jpg?1
qtqmnvD.jpg

Not that I need it yet, but I would imagine my 08 will some day have the lights go out. Are you able to work on newer clusters?  

11 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

Not that I need it yet, but I would imagine my 08 will some day have the lights go out. Are you able to work on newer clusters?  

08 and newer have LED lighting.  I haven't challenged a color change on one of those yet and may never try. Getting up there in age and this precision stuff is getting harder and harder to do.  I've just started on what I hope is my last batch of 1000 stepper motors and this time I mean it, when these are gone I'm done doing these.

Edited by Coby7
  • Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone. My wife's Mazda is celebrating with a sealed fiber optic LED headlamp assembly DRL going out. I looked up the problem and they recently released the 5th version(4revisions!) Of course it's the tech oack so it has motorized headlamp also, and everything is run off one circuit board so it's a $800 sticker price, but a few dealer online sell them for 550. Since is just the DRL design that is defective, I'm just waiting for the other to burn out. :lol: 

Reading it's a Honda thing too. Oh well.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Gotta love modern technology - lasts 2 years, then they whack you $500. :rolleyes: Sure makes a great case for halogens ...

Merry Christmas! :cheers: