What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Brake and fuel lines have been a GM staple for decades - a 5 year MAXIMUM lifespan in the salt belt. They took several steps backward, it seemed, in the late 70's through the 90's.

Why domestics never adopted copper/nickel lines, I'll never know. Cost, for sure, but Volvo never seemed to have a problem with that. I'd rather pay a few hundred or a grand more up front, than have to replace fuel and brake lines every 3 years, as has been common practice on all my MA-driven GM products. 

At least by the late 90's, they discovered nylon coating. Still not the best, but better than it was.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:01 PM, SnakeEyeSS said:

Just found this on Ridgid Tools. There is a post near the end that details the incredible complication of the brand and who owns it. Milwaukee parent company makes the power tools under a licensing agreement, another brand makes the plumbing tools, and a third company, some investment group, controls the lifetime service agreement.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/general-topics/open-discussion/728033-another-rant

Ridgid SUCKS! Seems their 120v-powered stuff isn't too bad, but their battery-powered stuff leaves alot to be desired.

My father-in-law brought by a Ridgid 24v battery today that is NLA - figured I could find a chinese replica on the net, or at the very least, some substitution of the same make. NOTHING is available any more for this battery. My FIL has over $1,000 worth of cordless tools - some of which he's NEVER even used - that have been rendered obsolete, due to the discontinuation of this particular battery pack by the company. What a kick in the ass to anyone who spent money on this crap. Too boot, the batteries were $125+ each ... and you're lucky to get 5 years out of them. Almost as big a scam as Lexmark printers and their ink ... 

I happened to find a seller that had one for $125 - we'll see if they either take my money and run, or, say they cannot obtain the product. If that happens, I'll see if I can replace the individual cells inside, without blowing them up in my face as I weld the strips onto the new ones ... 

Edited by Jsdirt

Ridgid SUCKS! Seems their 120v-powered stuff isn't too bad, but their battery-powered stuff leaves alot to be desired.

My father-in-law brought by a Ridgid 24v battery today that is NLA - figured I could find a chinese replica on the net, or at the very least, some substitution of the same make. NOTHING is available any more for this battery. My FIL has over $1,000 worth of cordless tools - some of which he's NEVER even used - that have been rendered obsolete, due to the discontinuation of this particular battery pack by the company. What a kick in the ass to anyone who spent money on this crap. Too boot, the batteries were $125+ each ... and you're lucky to get 5 years out of them. Almost as big a scam as Lexmark printers and their ink ... 

I happened to find a seller that had one for $125 - we'll see if they either take my money and run, or, say they cannot obtain the product. If that happens, I'll see if I can replace the individual cells inside, without blowing them up in my face as I weld the strips onto the new ones ... 

Funny you bring up Lexmark. My printers at work and probably a good majority on the base are Lexmark. And the govt probably pays 2-3 times what we do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

That stuff is HEAVY! 

Coal is too. Had 3,000 lbs. in the back of the silver/green '94 K1500, and over 8k with the Silverado, trailer included. :) 

3rd pic is a 11,600 lb. load including trailer weight. A little over my towing capacity ... :D

5a400ca5c1515_NewwheelsaloadofCOAL011.thumb.jpg.cdefac12da03688e3042e3ba55f8417b.jpg

5c055fc76ff09_COAL07-08001.thumb.jpg.afbfbc872ba24b338085ab5e02e434ac.jpg

3rd pic ... FAIL. Guess I exceeded the bandwidth limits ..

Through the miracle of computers, it suddenly uploaded without issue ... :sigh:

5c059e78ef9fd_COAL07-08001.thumb.jpg.f279a1008521912d1088d07155ff047f.jpg

Edited by Jsdirt
Added pic that would not upload originally ...

Ahh, so maybe not as heavy as I thought. Still enough to make it ride better, I'd bet.

Headed into work early today, grabbed some lunch on the way in, sat in the car wash (on Edwards AFB) eating my lunch, while getting it washed, and drove on in to work.  Crossed 3300 miles doing all of this.

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Corrected miles.