What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

19 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

I got this one  YI.  I got it when Amazon had it down to $25.  I have another one in my Cruze.  The fuse I hooked it to turns off the power as soon as you turn off the vehicle.  My wife wouldn't want to deal with having to manually turn it off.    I'm looking at getting a Blackvue front and rear for my 2019 with the power backup.  Been keeping an eye out on Ebay. 

Nice setup there. I've been wanting one for a while now ... but I'm afraid it will incriminate ME more than other drivers, LOL. :D

1 minute ago, Jsdirt said:

Nice setup there. I've been wanting one for a while now ... but I'm afraid it will incriminate ME more than other drivers, LOL. :D

Same here, just have to remember to get rid of the SD card. :)

• Like 1

I hear that - I remember living in Phoenix, none of the old cars had any rubber left - seals, weatherstrip, tires - all blown out! [emoji38]

Like I said, that doesn't look half bad. Since it's only 3 years old, everything should come apart no problem - just a little tapping with the hammer once the bolts are out. Might need an impact for the bolts (or a cheater bar for the ratchet), though. Side load the caliper to squish the piston in a hair, and it should come right off. Should be able to get a few more years out of the components if you lube up the areas that need it real good.

Salt kills metal fast ... but exposing something to salt, then parking it on dirt or grass is a sure way to DESTROY stuff. Exactly what happens with ocean going boats in the South, and occasionally driven cars in the North in winter.

Usually on boat trailers, only one axle has brakes. You might only have to deal with 2. 
I've only owned it 2.5 years, those brakes have probably been on there 7-10+. Since it's a triple axle and the trailer is rated for I think 21k I hope it came with brakes on 2 of those axles. A lot of weight to slow down with only 1 axle. Pretty sure it has 4, I think one of the brakes on the middle axle was the one that wouldn't disengage when backing. It's been 2 years I forget crap from 2 hours ago.

As far as the dash cam goes, it's only incriminating if you get caught. Otherwise it's great to show people how stupid people are. Maybe one day I'll upload the vids to YouTube and share them here. Right now I just put them on FB so my friends can laugh or be shocked.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

Ahh, 21k will definitely have brakes on ALL axles. That's a big boy! Never seen one that big before around here.

Oh I'd have alot of great footage around MA. It's a non-stop circus up here. You'd think you were watching a Russian dash cam vid. :lol:

In the shop so far today, I couldn't fix 2 Dodge FOBs, the transponder in one of them was cracked in two pieces and the other one was dropped in slush last winter. Salt and gold don't get along very  well and salt always wins.

Then refurbished a 2004 Avalanche cluster in blue.

Oc8xsYt.jpg?1

And that's one of the better looking rotors I've seen ...

I sure do miss AZ! I bought my '72 El Camino there - everything on that car just came right off, even after nearly 4 decades on the road. Up here, once the vehicle hits year 2, the torches come out, especially on the new stuff. Today's metal is complete garbage.

d98e36d21909f1d1052b21999bedfeb7.jpg

Took a photo of it at the park after I got done jogging.

Still pondering mud flaps for the winter. Do they help at all? And can I run front ones with the auto running boards?

• Like 1

They cut down on where the mud and rock chips end up, but don't entirely eliminate it.  I had one rear one get tucked under my rear wheel somehow - probably some punk kids - and melted half of it off.

Looks like plenty of room up front from here.

They cut down on where the mud and rock chips end up, but don't entirely eliminate it.  I had one rear one get tucked under my rear wheel somehow - probably some punk kids - and melted half of it off.

Looks like plenty of room up front from here.

Thanks man! I may give them a shot.
  • Like 1

POS Toyota. Wife freaked out rear drivers side door wouldnt open. Come to find out the fuel door hinge broke causing it to remain ajar a bit setting off the door sensor. They don’t sell a painted replacement so I had to buy a new door assembly and paint. [emoji35]

087f8e1577d605781b028c32f53f8b1e.jpg
Top part that holds the hinge pin cracked off. Common problem from what I read

Found out I have another recall for the pass side airbag sensor as well.

[emoji35]

Ryan B.

Welcome to 21st Century QC!

I just fixed one last night on a '07 Lexus RX350 - looked exactly like yours. It was rubbing against the paint at the lower inside part as you opened the door, making a horrendous noise.

The $50,000 vehicle was here, because the ignition switch seized solid, leaving the woman stranded. Yet another pattern failure on these & Toyota ...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

POS Toyota. Wife freaked out rear drivers side door wouldnt open. Come to find out the fuel door hinge broke causing it to remain ajar a bit setting off the door sensor. They don’t sell a painted replacement so I had to buy a new door assembly and paint. emoji35.png

087f8e1577d605781b028c32f53f8b1e.jpg
Top part that holds the hinge pin cracked off. Common problem from what I read

Found out I have another recall for the pass side airbag sensor as well.

emoji35.png

Ryan B.

Forget that, just bypass that door switch and call it good.