TPM's

orviskid

can you remove the tpm's and just use regular valves?? brand new truck and mine don't even read the right pressure. i fill them and they say the same thing. i figure its not a warranty item and i'm not paying for new ones. i wasn't sure how it affected the DIC. thanks

i'll keep trying them until my first oil change, then i'll ask them. i'd rather not have them, it's just something that will cost me money down the road.i can check my own pressure. they add more crap to cars that will just add to the cost down the road.you save on oil changes because the oil lasts longer and now you have to buy new sensors when you get new tires.

can you remove the tpm's and just use regular valves?? brand new truck and mine don't even read the right pressure. i fill them and they say the same thing. i figure its not a warranty item and i'm not paying for new ones. i wasn't sure how it affected the DIC. thanks

Yes you can to the original questions, but as Ryan said, against the law. You would have to find a "good ol boy" to do it.

• 5 weeks later...

You can use regular valve stems but you will get the warning on the dash and I'm sure the DIC says something. My wife's 05 Yukon Denali doesn't have a warning light on the dash but it does say check tire pressure or something like that in the DIC. YOu can hit the button and it toggles to the Odometer and the check tire pressure message wont come back until you turn the truck off and then restart. I put OEM 20" wheels on her truck some years ago but they had the wrong TPMS sensors in them. I didn't see the need to buy and install the correct ones as I keep a check on our tires. And at least in MD, I have no problems with it like this when I took the truck through the emission station (every 2 years in MD).

Get them fixed under warranty. Also FYI you don't need to replace them when you change tires. I have had the same set in my car for 140,000 miles and 4 sets of tires. They do have to be careful when changing the tires though. I just put new tires on my wife's van and the shop broke 2 of the sensors. The tire shop was forced to pay for the replacement since the sensors worked fine before getting there.

Archived