275/70R18 or 285/65R18

Jutty_Z71

I have stock Z71 wheels that I plan to run, and my truck is a 2011 CCSB Z71 4x4 and I have 3.42 rear with 6 speed/5.3L. It is perfectly level with a 2.5'' HM leveling kit.

The problem is that I am unsure what tires to go with as well as what size. I am interested in running Cooper STT's or BFGoodrich A/T's in 275/70R18. Looking to see if you guys with them in that size on a leveled NNBS can comment on rubbing issues and actual measurements. I am not interested in cutting, trimming, bending, breaking, or zipties in any way...I did all that on my old trucks. I'm only interested in a perfect flush fit. I know the only sizes I can run are 285/65/R18 and 275/70/R18. Lookin for some help here. I also know that the only load range available is E, and I will run them around 45 PSI. I average 15-16mpg now so I am assuming that will drop to 13-15mpg with the E's.

Basically...what size should I go with. I know they are opposite ends of the spectrum, but I really only want either the BFG A/T KO or the Cooper M/T (STT). I had BFG KM2's on my old Dodge (granted they were 37's) and they performed well. These two tires just seem like the ones that would work best for me. Appreciate the feedback, I just don't want to pull the trigger on something, and make a $1000.00 mistake and then add insult to injury by taking a Dremel to my truck.

Looking for input on the best size for me, as well as the better tire. I want input if possible from you guys that own them on how they perform in snow, rain, and mud because as like all of you, I use my truck in a variety of scenarios.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Ryan, can you or anyone else comment on how they perform? I have only ever rolled M/T's on my trucks, so I am curious how the BFG A/T will perform. I guess I am at that point in life now where I am more about functionality than style lol. I am sure it will be better than the stock Bridgestones I have now. We got snow a few times this year already and these tires BLOW! I am hesitant to take them anywhere that isn't blacktopped lol.

If the 275s work the 285s will as website says they are 1/2 inch smaller diameter. I have LT275/65/18 on mine with no leveling or other mods and they work well, might get over 50000 miles out of them if the wear stays consistant. Ryans right, they are amazing in the snow. Trying to drive a prairie trail during deer season I was pushing snow up to the logo on the front grill for about 250' and still made it through. Granted it was still fairly soft, i was still impressed. The only problem is they aren't great on ice.

I like the look of the BFG's on your truck Ryan. I actually thought about the Grabber AT2's also. My tire guy is having trouble getting the BFG A/T's and he said they are on backorder till November...so I might order them from the 'Mart or Sears and have him put them on. He also said the STT was around $350.00...so that put a stop to that thought. I am having him take a look at the Disoverer ST MAXX. They seem to be the same dimension as the STT, just a little shorter. I read somewhere that they are heavy. Anyone have any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies everyone. Just letting you all know I decided on Hankook Dynapro ATM Rf10s in 275/70r18. A local kid at the shop had them on his nbs and they looked nice. Online reviews seem like they will suit my needs. Pics and review to follow.

Here's a shot of a set of 285/65/18 BFGs . 2" front level and no rubs. I run em' at 44 psi cold and they ride nice.

IMAG0433.jpg

IMAG0441.jpg

IMAG0429.jpg

I'm running 275/70r18 right now. But they are not flush with fenders. And I'd like them to stick outside of fenders just a little. The 285/65r18 are the tire I believe I want. Can u tell me or post pic of side view to see if stick out .

Anyone ever tried a 305/60r18?

Anyone ever tried a 305/60r18?

Yes, a few members have ran that size. They'll work with a leveling kit, as long as you don't get crazy with negative offset, aftermarket rims. They're just not as common on here because only a few tire companies make that size.

Archived