best performance for a 6.2

dannygmyles

That's where the handheld is nice. It can be changed back to stock in about 2 minutes. Just remember for it to void the warranty the dealership has to PROVE the tune caused the problem. Look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

You can change back to stock with the autocal just as quick as with a handheld.

Certain platforms (camaro corvette) supposedly have flash counters and even if you return to "stock" they can tell it was modified.

Just remember you have to pay if you want to play :)

Has any one ever changed back to the stock program.did the dealer thing,warranty work?Any thing pop up.I have the BB tune ,just have some warranty work coming up.

I had a transmission slipping issue in my 2009. Put it back to stock, and they "attempted" to fix it with no questions asked.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

A custom tune Is the only way to go.. More people are getting into it but there is no comparison to a hand held,

like others have said the autocal is a great tool for the tuning/troubleshooting..

• 4 weeks later...

I need to get a programmer for my truck, but not sure what to get. I know everyone says BB Tune, the shop that did my lifted offered me the Edge programmer for like $350.

i need the programmer to change my gear ratio and tire size. I would like to have a hand held so that i can switch it back from stock when i go to the dealer for service.

any thoughts.

2009 silverado crew cab z71 / 6.2L / 4.56 gears / 35 BFG'S MT / 18" XD HOSS WHEELS / ZONE 6 1/2 LIFT

I had BB tune done on my 07 VMax.. It was amazing. I will certainly be getting one on my 6.2 as well.

When I asked Justin about it, he said that with the 6 speed, you get the AutoCal. And you get to keep the handheld. It is capable of reverting back to stock if need be

• 2 weeks later...

A custom tune is really the way to go. I am sure Blackbear has a fine tune, no discredit to them at all but a engine runs differently based on its environment. I live in the 1000+ whp corvette/ls engine world and a off the shelf tune is simply not a option for any vehicle in my opinion. Elevation, humidity, temperature, fuel quality, different exhaust or cai systems can and will seriously impact tuning needs and although you can get close with a mail order tune, I would never personally bet a engine on it. Without a wide band and some sort of data logging, it's a gamble in my eyes.

The factory air box and exhaust on the 6.2 flow very well, a custom tune cleaning up afr's and backing down torque management as well as adjusting shift parameters will make it feel like a whole new truck and pick up around 20whp.

I am new to the truck forum, so I'm sure my views will be ignored to some extent but I am a veteran member of the forced induction forums on ls1 tech and corvette forum. This truck 6.2 is really not much different from the LS3/L92 so the same modifications apply.

Just my $.02.

FYI - those asking about tunes and warranty, it voids it, gm released a bulletin several years ago when the lmm diesel was first released. The current ECUs have what is called a cvn checksum, what it does is store the last 10 calibration codes flashed into the ecu. Dealer protocol requires them send a screen shot of this checksum to the gm warranty rep prior to approval of any power train repairs, if a non gm cal code is found the warranty on the truck will be voided. You can try swapping ECUs but don't be surprised if it doesn't fly. There are other nannies that will prove the vehicle was altered.

Pay to play, if you alter it, you are choosing to take a gamble, don't expect the general to pay for it. It's dishonest and ignorant. If you can't afford to fix it, leave it be.

We use datalogging for tuning as well as offer in person and dyno tunes. Traditional mail order tunes are an option, but are no where near as precise as the datalogging tunes.

You are correct, if a tune is not returned to stock, warranty can be in jeopardy. Depends on dealership and Magnussen Moss.

As far as the computers tracking, that is only on Global A vehicles, majority if the gas trucks don't fall into that category.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

Archived