2012 pickup sales

It took forever for these figures to be posted but it looks like GM again outsold Ford when it comes to half tons.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/02/who-sold-the-most-half-tons-in-2012.html

In the HD segment, GM sold more 3/4 tons but lost out on 1-ton sales:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/02/who-sold-the-most-hd-pickups-in-2012.html

Interesting that the oldest overall platform is still the sales leader in most segments. :D

Shouldn't Ford & Ram be out selling GM 3 & 2 to 1 respectively...if you listen to the bias.

Cannot wait to see the numbers once the 2014's are in the mix.

surprised the avy didnt sell a little bit more, i see a lot of them in my area

• 2 weeks later...

You can see the Ranger being gone hurt for OVERALL truck sales... GM includes the avalanche in those sales I believe too so it kinda throws the numbers off because to me, the AVY is not a truck

and the midsize market as usual dominated by the tacoma, the only truck that came close in sales was the Ranger and it's dead

• 4 weeks later...

You can see the Ranger being gone hurt for OVERALL truck sales... GM includes the avalanche in those sales I believe too so it kinda throws the numbers off because to me, the AVY is not a truck

and the midsize market as usual dominated by the tacoma, the only truck that came close in sales was the Ranger and it's dead

Having owned many full size trucks and a few SUVs - I would definitely say the Avalanche is more truck than SUV (especially compared to a Ranger). It has a tailgate - not a liftgate like a Tahoe (or Expedition if you prefer), and almost all the same components as an LTZ crew cab. The only real difference is the midgate and leaf springs - the latter of which is being ditched by the other 1/2 ton truck makers to emulate the smooth Avalanche ride...

Archived