Differential Drop kit

No clearance issues at all. I left it on after I pulled the Junk Country 3" kit and went back to a 2" leveling kit. If you cn find one, and you want one, then go for it. 2" of angle isn't much for any truck, but .5" of angle is always better...no matter how you look at it.

where did you get the diff drop kit?

Edited by ctisdell

Yes, but your inner and outer cvs will both be at more angle whether you're turning or not if the front is raised. Additionally, generally when you're turning sharply you're not going 80mph.

This diff drop idea might make me want to key the front and AAL in back... Angles were the main reason I didn't want to.

where did you get the diff drop kit?

It came with my Rough Country kit I once had.

Well running flat cv's for less wear unless there on a big angle does not make since as everytime you turn your wheel the outter cv is at a differant angle.

So by that logic, 2" of constant angle...or more, makes more SENSE than stock angles? If it were economical, you could get leveling kits that completely restore front end geometry. While I agree that corrections aren't needed for most leveling applications, I disagree with your statement.

It came with my Rough Country kit I once had.

So by that logic, 2" of constant angle...or more, makes more SENSE than stock angles? If it were economical, you could get leveling kits that completely restore front end geometry. While I agree that corrections aren't needed for most leveling applications, I disagree with your statement.

Noooooo that's not what iam saying, he wants to run flat CV axles for less wear and what iam saying even though the axles are flat the outer CV will still go to a an angle everytime the wheels turn left to right.

I think what Blackout's trying to get across is that with everything level, the only the time the outer CV's see any major angle is when turning, which is barely any. Go for a drive and see what distance your front wheels spend turned at any significant angle. For most people I'd bet it's maybe 2% of the miles they travel. Also, almost no angle is ever applied at higher speed.

Compare this to a leveled truck that sees angle 100% of the time, whether it's turning or not, and the CV's are angled no matter the speed.

Edited by kstruckcountry
  • Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 4/16/2013 at 7:58 PM, KMGZ400 said:

I really dont see it as being necessary at least on a GMT800 with t bars, i know too many people who have gone 200k plus on a leveling kit not having anything wear out prematurely. But that's just what I have seen from my experiences.

im not saying leveling dosent wear anything out faster.. but still

But that 200k is probably from just cruzing on roads and highways.  If you are doing any offroad you won't want that extreme of an angle on your CV's because they'll bind and break.