Questions about motor metal 951s

zach1990

So a coworker of mine is looking to upgrade his wheels and tires soon and told me I had first dibs on his moto metal wheels. They are a 18x9 0 offset I believe (they stick a good inch out of his nnbs fenders). So my questions are: 1. How well do these wheels hold up to abuse? As in will they look good 100k miles from now? 2. What tire size am I looking at running with these? I'm cranked around 2.5" with a 3" block and a 1.5" body lift. He currently has 285 60r18 terra graps on them and they rub in reverse on his with a 2.5" level. I figure 305s is out of the question...

Can someone change the motor in the title to moto? ******* autocorrect...

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Are they chrome? If they are I wouldn't hold out any hope of them holding up to "abuse" particularly for 100k miles. You can preserve your wheels with constant cleanings and waxings. Also never use any of those wheel cleaners. I've tried some for chrome wheels in the past and I feel that they are too harsh for the wheels.

Are they chrome? If they are I wouldn't hold out any hope of them holding up to "abuse" particularly for 100k miles. You can preserve your wheels with constant cleanings and waxings. Also never use any of those wheel cleaners. I've tried some for chrome wheels in the past and I feel that they are too harsh for the wheels.

Yeah they are chrome and I'm leaning really hard towards powdercoating them black. Thanks for the advice on upkeep! That's good to know

I agree....if they are chrome, don't get your hopes up about the finish lasting all that long. My black ones still look great though! :thumbs:

I don't think those are available in a 0 mm offset. When I ordered mine, the only options in a 18x9 was -12, +18, and +30. Of course, that was for the black ones, but I think chrome ones are the same. If they're the -12 version, you may be limited on tire size.

I was guessing at the 0 offset. It may be -12. They stick out roughly an 1" from the fenders. Id be happy if I could put 285 65r18s on em. Right now he's got 285 60s mounted.

How much is he asking?

Hasn't said sor sure yet. He got a damn good deal and paid 400 for the wheels and the tires. There still about 50%-60%.

• 2 weeks later...

How much is he asking?

Gonna get em for $375 as soon as his new wheels arrive. thats for the wheels and the tires.

the wheels are 18x9 -12 offset with 285 60r18 nitto terra graplers. im just worried now that the tires are gonna look small on my truck.

plus im pretty sure im gonna get them powder coated black.

Look at my truck in my signature. Mine are 17" wheels, and stick out just about an inch past my fenders, maybe a little more.

I recently had M/T Classic II wheels that had an offset of like -22 mm, and that was on my truck when I had a level kit on it. I ran 285/75R16 and that was a really tight fit.

The chrome 951's are like a $100 a piece more, which is why I got the black ones. I go sometimes 6 weeks without a wash, and when I do clean them, I just get them real good with a wheels brush and a bone sponge, and they clean up flawlessly

thanks for the info! truck looks good. do you have any more pics of it with those wheels on it? i should get them around monday

Archived