Another Tornado in OK. (I recorded it)

SnakeEyeSS

Yes, I was a bit winded,and my pulse was near cardiac arrest. I had just been running full blast for a few minutes wildly clearing out the safest area, and moving my twins to their carseats and to the area. I was in the middle of feeding them when the alert hit my phone, turned on local news, and the "HOLY CRAP That is heading right for me" moment hit. Looked down at my twin 9 month old boys and the adrenaline hit. I was in the guesstimated path, but luckily it went north east. It was, from the reports, 1.5 - 2 miles away. The TV news guys were saying it was on my street, but luckily they were wrong...as they are 99% of the time.

Disclaimer: As a lifelong Oklahoma, I know the risks very well, and I know that isn't far away, but Everything was done and I literally only had a few dozen feet to cover if it turned back.....

And the tornado sirens hit.....about 5 minutes after I stopped recording. Idiots.

Well hope all is well with you and your family!!!

Yes. My wife works nights so she was a bit freaked when I called and said "by the way, the news said there is a tornado heading right for us! I will call when its over". The boys on the other hand were pretty ticked that they only down a few minutes of food when I started sticking them in the car seats and cleaning the closet.

The weather channel just emailed me to use my video!

Tornados are no joke. I have been through one when I was younger. We werre at our lake and me and my cousin were in the yard everyone else in the trailer. Blew all the windows our, knocked trees down, and we got thrown in the yard. Luckily it wasnt all that strong.

Glad you & the fam are all safe!!! Pretty cool ur video will be getting seen worldwide now too...

I still remember the "big one" down here in 1979.

-Jon in Wichita Falls, TX.

Archived