Ok somthing wierd going on here 2012 CC 6.2L

Alright I was out side tracking down the vibration issue that I posted earlier and notice when I was letting air out of my tires that my rear tires on my DIC are really my front and my fronts are really my rear. I did do a tire rotation about 3k miles ago where the backs went up front. Did I do somthing worng? WHATS GOING ON!

Look in your owner's manual. There's a procedure in there for the DIC to "re-learn" the location of each tire. It just takes a couple minutes and no special tool is required.

Pretty sure that no longer works. GM phased it out in 2011 or 2012.

The air out reset procedure was a running change GM did during the 2011 model year. My old 2011 would reset with the air out method, but it was built in November 2010. The 11's produced later in the model year and everything since have required a reset tool.

When I got my 13, I knew I'd have to bite the bullet if I wanted to do my own rotations. GM has produced a fairly inexpensive tool (compared to other one's out there) that will do the trick.

Here's a link to what it looks like: http://www.autotoolworld.com/product.asp?itemid=198848&gclid=CP68zKrv27cCFScV7Aodp2AAAg

You might want to search around for this in other places online. I have no experience with this vendor good or bad. Just posted for reference. I did pay around $60 for mine with shipping.

Take the vehicle to any "Discount Tire" they will do the procedure for free.

I have never been an advocate for tire rotation, when the front tires need replacing, I have the tires on the back moved to the front (not cross rotated), and the new tires go on the back for the free ride.

My 2011 was built on 4/29/11 and the delta p method still worked. It is true that it was phased out in 2011 model year but most every 2011 that I've seen will still do it. 2012 and up, won't. My local dealer charges $11 for a tire rotation w/relearn. Why bother, at that price?

Well I had a GM dealer do the rotation for me in San Angelo TX when I was down there for a class but just relized that it never got changed. Oh well I guess

Many dealers will do that for no charge. Takes a few minutes to walk around the vehicle, point the reset tool at each tire and push a button. Tell them a GM dealer rotated your tires and failed to reset them, they might feel obligated to correct the other dealers incompetence.

Archived